ch 42 the next step

Chapter 42 the next step

Aarons POV

Mind reading can be rather convenient, a reassuring and fast way to know if someone is fucking with or not.

On the other hand, you can’t read things that aren’t there to begin with.

“Nothing.” William threw the last man to the side, his voice sounding tired and frustrated.

We had captured all of the seven attackers alive, but no one had clue as to who their boss really was.

I leaned back in my leather couch taking a deep breath, my muscles aching from yesterday, but I relaxed noticing how the girls scent filled my nostrils. I had laid on the couch while she was sleeping and headed out with Leon before anyone awoke.

“They are being rather cautious. We will have to wait until they send someone in someone stronger than that.”

“Sit around and wait?!” the twerp- or Sam as I learned, spat in the little left corner he had withdrawn himself, opposite to him a grumpy heap of muscles named Leon.

William smiled with a little tut “Not like we could do anything like this.”

We could do something about the overall situation I thought grimly, that slouchy demon was in a lot of ways right with his opinion. But the way he talked went on my nerves, like he was alpha, to confident and still rather half assed.

“What are you actually thinking of that guy.” I turned my head so I had eye contact with William, his face was blank for a second before wide smirk spread out his lips.

“James, is a very contradicting man, he simply adjust to the situation, he probably wouldn’t mind taking the girl off our hands, but that’s too because right now it would be the safest way for his child.”

“He is too narrow-minded when Anjali’s part of the game.” Sam remarked sulking.

“Just like you when it comes to your sister.” My eyes wandered over to Leon while William had a little mind chat with his apprentice.

Leon sighted pushing himself off the wall. “I agree with the “safety” part.” He mumbled a few curses while making his way towards the door, he stopped his hand on the handle, glancing a last time at me, before leaving quietly.

“Nice reminder.” I my lips together glaring at Will.

“Did listen to our conversation?” I asked flatly, it was just one reason why I hated mind-readers, they were not very discreet.

 “He was practically shouting it in his head.” I believed him, it was Leon after all.

Besides it was my fault to begin with, he had been too young and I had led him and my pack straight into a trap.

Losing my head and heart over a girl, sacrificing everything I had at that time, of course he would do everything to prevent me from doing something stupid.

“Let the past be, concentrate on the thing on hand.” William snapped me out my thoughts, there was still a decision left untaken, which we better decide early than later.

“What are you thinking about it? You collected them after all.”

“Let’s just do it, I’m sure they won’t complain much.” Sam butted in, his serious and tense.

I glanced from him to William who simply shrugged.

“Well, then let’s go back.” And do what needs to be done first.  Taking things one after another.

Soo what do you think are they gonna do? Well i'll try to post within two weeks but you know me already, dontya?;)