ch 44 the safest way

Chapter 43- the safest way

I sat outside needing some fresh air- my siblings had gone out to the city right after breakfast, honestly said, I wanted to go with them but Clover had told me that it was too dangerous.

So I was left at Clovers home, with her sitting in her working room, writing things I hadn’t clue of.

And the call I made to my boys suffocated me.

Arthur had known- about my New Years Eve of course having his fiancé suddenly move out of the state he needed to be told. But it suffocated me, knowing that he hurt inside because of me, knowing that I was pitied again.

Pity- is an ugly thing, because it makes you unable to move forward smoothly.

Yeah, sitting in the cold and drowning in melancholy, when did I become an asian drama queen?

Before I could continue to talk myself down a silver BMW parked before the garden, with James getting out of it.

He smiled at me as he made his way up to the door. “Why are you alone?” he finally asked standing before me.

I shrugged. “The others went out, but Clove said it was too dangerous for me.” He propped himself up on the wall behind me, looking disappointed.

“Just when I thought I could show her our apartment.” He sighed, and I held back a giggle Anjali had mentioned a new love nest.

I gave it some consideration and decided that this was my chance to get some answers. All alone out here,  it couldn’t be better. “Can I ask you something?” He looked down at me a tiny question mark forming on his handsome face.

I thought over my question, deciding going straight to the point was the best decision.

“You seemed worried yesterday, why?”

He looked surprised for a second knitting his brows together, like he had think over about what had been going on yesterday. “It was nothing you should be concerned about.” He answered in a smooth voice and he looked eyes with me.

I kept staring at him , and staring and staring and finally cocked up an eyebrow. “Let’s talk frankly shall we.” I snapped standing up, putting booth of my hands on my hips.

“I’ve had enough of people what is good for me and what not! I’m a big girl, and I got a right to know what’s going in MY life!” I practically hissed at the end but his face remained straight.

“Your sister is scarier.” He shrugged me of.

“ And pregnant.” I added to his distracting statement. He pressed his lips together and waited for me to say more.

“It could be that I’m reading too much into it, but since this “container” thingy affects my siblings too, I want to know. Why do we need protection? Huh?” I took deep gulp of air- calming down. James had picked up my staring game, but I have to say he was a lot better than me, in the end I had to take a step back, he was quite intimidating.

 “By immortal law, all containers are to be reported to the council.” He stopped thinking over his next words.

“And by the councils rules, the named container is to be annihilated by the slightest chance of trouble… together with everything related to it.

Annihilated. My head turned that word over and over distinguishing its meaning. Annihilated, destroy, to get rid of- to kill.

My stomach churned at the realization.