my new life, in the werewolfs claw 11 Kala's POV

Ch eleven 

Living in maid

Almost a week had passed since I started living with Aaron.  

With Aaron, yes, but as his maid!

Unbelievable! How did Clover come up with this? And I thought she would be a nice person, someone I could rely on if I needed any help with Aaron. But now she pushed me off to him! A maid, HIS maid, just what the hell was she thinking, taking off for a new trip to Britain, after announcing my new profession, she left me alone with him.

At first I was shocked of his household, after this announcement I went straight to the kitchen. I prayed for him to have some chocolate, ice cream or anything else, so of course I went to the fridge- empty... 

The cupboards were next, coffee- almost run out, tea- way too old- and honey, some wonderful cooking utilities - unused of course. Stupid man!

So, the kitchen was empty, no food for me... things couldn't get any worse, or could they? 

"You know it's pretty rude of you to rummage in my kitchen." he was lying on the couch, reading some newspaper, his dogs as always before him on the floor. This had to be his favorit position.

"You know, you can do more in a kitchen than just coffee and tea, and a fridge can store more than beer, and it's empty now." I sat down on the table looking around his living room, it was really cool I thought to myself but something was off.

"You can order something if you are hungry." again with this I-don't-care-voice, how annoying. "Do you have a TV?"I asked realizing, what was so off in this room. "No." no? I stared at him for a second. He meant it; I almost fell down from the seat. He didn't have the one of the three holinesses of technologies? (you know TV, Computer and Internet...).

He chuckled looking at my stunned face "people lived for centuries without a TV." 

"Yeah, back then they also believed that the world was flat and in the center of the universe. Why don't you have one?" "They are annoying, I like it quite." he answered in flat voice.

"That's something only an old geezer would say." I looked bored on my fingernails, a manicure would be nice. "How old do you think I am?" "Around 25, I would say"

"I'm over 700 years old." he was looking at me, a smug smile on his gorgeous face. "Pfft, sure grandpa, you don't look bad for an old geezer, you know." tried to hold back my laughter. In split of a second he was behind me, his hand on my throat lifting my head up so that I had to face him.

He was so near, that I felt his breath on my skin. "In almost every book about vampires and other monster, we are portrayed as immortal creatures. With what you have seen and have been through, why not believe me in this?" his voice was pure velvet again, his eyes trying to read me. His palm on my throat was warm and felt incredibly strong. This was extremely intimidating, I had to admit that.

Grrr -my stomach "grumbled" well maybe it was that new thing within me? "grrnnng" a dying monster? "Haha!" he let me out laughing hard behind me, I felt my face turn red.

He had some food ordered, and made me clean up his room. "You get food and free rent and the honor to live with me, you could at least do that." he had said. Of course I said I wouldn't want to be a freeloader, but my share on the rent 2,500 euro was too much! Just imagine! It's a third of the actual rent! HOLY SH**! Was all I could think.

"What do you do for a living?!" I asked my eyes widened while thinking of the yearly sum. He inhaled once, smiling and then shrugging it off. "Just go and do it." he had told me.  

Okay, he was hiding his job. Did monsters even have office jobs? I swear I'm going to find it out, but then again... would it really be that good for me to know too much about him?

The next day, he agreed to go grocery shopping with me - and he paid!- I know, but I'm practically broke and homeless I have to watch my money! His apartment turned out to be a suite, no wonder that he had to pay that much and oh my back hurt from cleaning! He likes things nice and spotless

God damn it! My siblings told me to lay down for a while and my friends would be there when I needed them, so from a psychological point of view I was quite alright if it wouldn't be for well...

There were only two things that made feel uneasy, first were Aarons stars, it was like he would be looking at someone else, he had a pained expression on his face when he became like that.

And then there was the fact that the room was a mess when I woke up, my body would be sore in the morning and I wouldn't remember what had happened. That's not only problem every time I woke up, I was either naked, or had one of Aarons shirts on. OH NO why the hell must I be naked? I would turn into a bright red tomato every time I saw him in the morning, for at least an hour, but things where just this kind of weird around here.

Especially this folder in my hands. I had found in the study while I was cleaning-yes, I did my job- it had articles and my police record in it, it was quite heavy, but I wondered more for what the hell they needed it. I went to Aaron in the living room, and slammed to folder on the floor. "for what do you need this?" Rummageing through my not so rosy past was just not sitting right with me.

please vote and comment!!

hugs~