ch 26 girls, bets and fights. And a hot shower with Mr. Nice Guy!

Chapter 26 girls, bets and fights. And a hot shower with Mr. Nice Guy!

Aarons POV

They tried to fucking abduct her!  

With me, the leader of this territory right behind them, they tried to abduct my girl!

There was something wrong with Kala, and she was completely oblivious to it, just like her friends. 

And I can just hope for that my suspicions are wrong, or else it would be her end.

Kalas POV

My head hurt, my cheek went numb thought, along with my legs. So, Aaron had to carry me up to his apartment, which meant for me- holding on tight to him! His muscular broad steel chest, these biceps, the hot flawless skin, that I knew, just hid the monster that slumbered inside of him. 

Or could it be that it was wide awake, and the person in which arms I lay was nothing but charades?

His body was still tense form the fight, his senses overly active. I didn't notice his wariness until I had slung my arms around his neck. He was different, the rhythm of his breathing the way he looked at me, angry, tired, cautious... was it because I had let the big man from the cemetery run? 

Was he angry at me?

It took us about five minutes to go up at the very top- where his apartment was, and it were the longest five minutes I had experienced since the day I had met him, but also the five minutes were I learned more from him than ever.

We didn't speak word, but his eyes this pools of golden honey, they spoke of love and lost. I had never seen so clear,- like someone was talking to me- telling me stories from long ago, stories that had died and were not to come up again, but they still were there and it caused him pain...

Every information, that I had learned about his world flashed on the back in my mind, like solving a puzzle in trance I ended up with a lock. How ironic. 

A lock, yes, and the key to it had rusted and it wouldn't open to me,- probably never.

This man right now, was nothing but a shell of his own feelings and memories acting on wishes and rules he didn't approve of,- but still he did what he thought a Leader must do.

Could I hate him for that? It was his way of ensuring his peoples safety and order that went over the werewolves boundaries. 

Death, murder, gore,- it was a daily occurrence in the world of monsters

And it was from the very start an occurrence in my live, my wings hadn't fallen off with the day I was marked as a werewolf, each feather had fallen from my wings the flesh rotten and the bones became dust with every human-monster I had met,- with every retentiveness I had to endure in order to keep our family reputation.

I had no right to judge Aaron, or his friends. 

But it went against my believes, that live should be treated this recklessly.

We had reached his front door, it was open and the apartment except for Luna and Eric, his giant dogs, empty. 

Leon and Clover were gone, only the scent of my now finished curry reminded us off the fight we had a few hours ago.

He sat me gently down on the floor not bothering to look anymore at me, he headed in the living room, picking up a letter from the table. 

"Go and take a bath." Thought absent minded, Aarons voice was low and hoarse and it didn't allow any disobeying.

It ticked off the little rebellious child in me, it was just "this" tone that nerved it and the answer came without me thinking it over. Screw whatever I had said before!