My new life, in the werewolfs claw- ch 37 The Duel

Now sorry for the crappy chapter last time^^ This one is better! And I'm finaly catching up to my main story- after i wrote over 20 pages about Clovers and Aarons past we are back to reality- well this is a fantasy-story so scratch that...

But- if you don't remember anymore here is a quick summary:

Kala had been raped at the new years ball, Aaron who had been late rescued her and took care of the damn bastards who had tormented his underling. He took the girl straight home and "tended" to her wounds. Him beeing so over one girl- one that wasn't recognized as a member of the werewolf society at that- didn't go unnoticed and to test his strenght  a letter of challenge was sent.

A man named Kirstwood was supposed to be his opponent, and both man had to bet on a girl- in Aarons case it was of course Kala.

Before the letter even arrived there had been a conflict between Kala and the three werewolves she had been living with- they wanted to know about the time Kala had been kidnapped, but it was hard for her to talk about it since it was  the reason her brohter Sam had died. She ran out of the appartment and into the cemetry were some guys ironically tried to kidnapp  her, despite Aaron beeing just behind them.

Of course he took care of them- that meaning he killed them and Kala who despised this act began to question him, his lifestyle and even herself. Slowly her intresst in him grew on a different level- Aaron snapped and had Clover take care of Kala for while- She then told Kala then about her encounter with this "heartless" werewolf.

Chapter 37  The duel

Music is a strange thing, it entangles you in its tunes until you get lost, emotions and thoughts start swaying and whirling and things that were once dark and depressing seem lighter with the solution around the next corner, it takes a weight off your shoulders and shows your true feelings.

Aarons POV

Her eyes reflected the grumpy sky in a way that made you think it would clear up right away, but she closed them.

The violin in her hands began to sing a lovely melody- thought depressing it seemed to lift her spirits.

Her hunched shoulders relaxed and with the rising tunes a smile crept on her lips.

She hadn’t talked to me since yesterday and the way she throw remorseful glances at me made me cringe, for sure Clover did something unasked for again.

“I’m sorry.” She turned her head towards me while continuing her play.
“About yesterday I’m mean.”

Kalas POV

I couldn’t even manage to look straight in his eyes, what Clover told Lucy and me still bothered me, it was just a small part of his life, and it was a very cruel one at that.

“It’s okay. Are you ready?” he averted the subject.

“Which part of me doesn’t look ready?” I asked daringly making a up and down motion with my hand to my clothes before putting the violin back to its place.

“You remember what I told you?” he probed more while I put on my boots.
“Yes, don’t talk, stay put and behave- right?” I summarized his orders- yes, orders.

He had told me them this morning and a few times after supper, it was getting annoying really. I still didn’t understand why he had fight some guy who was obviously just testing him, and on top of it even betting me.