ch 41 unspoken feelings

Chapter 41 unspoken feelings

It was too much to ask for, right?

For me, to just enjoy a peaceful time. Somehow god didn’t plan that in my timetable.

It was 3 a.m. everyone but William, Sam and me had gone to bed, and who do you think had to come ringing on Williams door?

Can you guess it?

Yeah?

Well, did you also guess that he would come in tatters?

Because that’s exactly what Aaron did. I gasped as I caught a look at him behind Sam, the fight rushing back to my mind,how could it have been different, all the gore didn’t pass Aaron unaffected.
Blood already seeped through his bandages, he looked tired and surprised to see us here.

“What are you doing here?” Clover was the first to break the silence, stealing a glance from William before settling her eyes at me.

No one answered or William did answer something, that I didn’t hear, seeing as Aaron narrowed his eyes at him, looking furious but stayed quiet.

Supported by Leon, he limped himself in the living room to plop down ungracefully on the couch. Leon sat himself on the floor not bothering to occupy one of the many chairs like Clover and William.

The men truly didn’t fit in the homey environment and they were literally emitting a cold aura, their faces hard masks void of emotions. Sam was standing stiff in the doorway hiding me behind his back and my attempt to go to Aaron was answered with one hard shove from him and for a moment we were like side characters, watching a scene from a movie.

“So, you know.” Stated William, his voice flat and calm, his brown eyes boring into Aarons head.

“And you already knew.” It came as an accuse, and it held more meaning to it than the words would let you guess.

But William just shrugged indifferently. “I didn’t plan for her to meet you.” But then he smiled, thought it didn’t reach his eyes, and with humor he added almost daringly. “it’s funny how history repeats itself.”

A growl vibrated in the air, and I could only guess that it was Leon's doing since Sam pushed me behind himself.

“I won’t let that happen!” Aaron snapped tired, he rubbed his temples closing his eyes- he continued his voice back under his control. “How come that you let it go this far?”

William chuckled his eyes unwavering at Aaron. “No reason. I just thought it would be interesting.”

The conversation as plain as it was, was rather confusing to me. Where they talking about me? Or was this subject stretching wider than it seemed?

“It was not, and it’s not your place to decide something like this!” This time it was Leon bursting out on the floor, his giant hands pulled into fists beside him.

“And I doubt it’s your place to talk like that!” Williams voice rang with authority, he held his head higher and his back tensed, but beside him Clover rolled her eyes, sighting annoyed.

“This is my territory William! And I want you keep out of my business.”

“You are being too rash! You should let her-“

“Kala, would you make us some tea please?” Three heads turned towards me behind my brothers back, looking like they had forgotten about my presence. “We should calm a little down, don’t you agree?”Clovers interruption had eased the tension in the room, her silky voice lingered a bit in the air as her green eyes scanned the faces of the men like she had scolded some boys over a trivial matter.