my new life, in the werewolfs claws 16 Friends ~ the chase / hunt

Chapter 16 Friends 

the chase 

Arthurs POV

"Ahh~ what's with your bad mood, it's been almost a week, just why are so gloomy?" Claire, the girl my mother wanted to get me, at least for now, as my fiancée, was getting annoyed. Not that I would talk more to her if I was in a better mood, but it seems that my gloomy face kept people away everywhere we went.

It was almost everywhere like this: "Hi Claire, having fun?-Oh yeah, what about you?"-moment I look at them-"ah fine, okay, I won't bother you further, bye-and they went..."

"Arthur! Are you even listening?" her face was becoming red of anger. "Clair, I'm sorry, how about we just go home for today, huh?" I brushed my hand through my hair, I felt hot and annoyed, although it wasn't Clair's fault, I was about to let it out on her.

"What? You shouldn't have come at all if it was like this!" she screamed at me.

"Clair!" I gripped her arm and pushed her behind me, the very instant a werewolf cup landed where Clair was standing, it didn't even notice us, growling at the shadow of a man that was approaching us. 

The scent of the bastard hit me, it was Aaron, and Clair stiffened behind me, she had noticed it too. The small werewolf was slowly going backwards, I pushed Clair to the other side, ready to protect her, if the beast tried to jump on us.

"Arthur, its eyes." Clair whispered to me, not understanding what she meant, I took a closer look at the Wolf. As realization hit me I went cold and pale. "Kala" as I spoke her name, she focused her grey eyes at me, the growling died and the wolf tilted her head to the side, confused. Yeah this was Kala, no one, absolute no one else had eyes like her.

"How nice, seems like she recognizes the little kitten." Aarons voice was strained, his shirt ripped and he looked damn angry, the air around us got heavy, while he focused only on Kala, his eyes gleaming with a menacing golden shine.

"Clair, go home." my voice was strong and didn't allow any no's. 

She just nodded and headed towards her car.

"You would do good, to run for it as well, I will rip your head off if you stand in my way." 

Kala was standing near me crouching and ready to attack, while Aaron was at least 30 feet away from us, standing "leisurely" with a killing aura.

"Master Aaron, please allow me to assist you." I pleaded hoping to safly get Kala at home. "Assist me? for what?" he asked me his cold voice made me shiver and my neck hair stood up, I saw him smile as if he had noticed. "Kala, is a dear friend, I wouldn't want her to get hurt." I explained using a submissive voice looking more to his feet than his face. "Good, than catch her in my stead" as if she had understood his words she tried to run again.

She was fast, but still I was faster and easily jumped on her back, she lost her balance and we tumbled on the floor. I used this opportunity to pin her on the concrete in a side alley. "Hey, what are you doing Hita? You wouldn't want to hurt me right? I'm Arthur don't you remember?" I used her second name, like I used to when we were still going out with each other. She whined under me and I loosened my grip. "Hita, you need to calm down, don't worry I'm here with you." she calmed down, and I let her take a more relaxing position. I petted her head, crimson fur, a bit darker than her natural hair, but her eyes were the same, like a stormmy sky, with an almighty attitude. She sniffed at my head and chest, she was confused by my scent, which was natural, I had never told her what I really was.

"Hita calm down, you need to transform back." I spoke again softly in her ear. She whined again, taking in her surroundings and looking back at me. "Just how much did you drink today? have you beaten your old record? I joked around a bit and she pushed her head into my chest. I sighted in relief, thanks goodness she had her drinks before transforming. I didn't know why, but alcohol made her loose all restrictions, she was like a new person, able to accept anything without a care.