my new life, in the werewolfs claw, chapter 32 the key

Ch 33 the slaves revenge- key

Hate was radiating through them, filling the room and I didn't dare to breathe. 

There was sudden movement and all I heard was one crash, door of the cage slamming to wall beside me, while my masters started beating down on their captivates.

They tried to defend themselves, but the chains cut even more through their flesh, making their wounds pain and bleed. Groans, and painful curses filled the room, along with the sickening smell of fresh blood.

It was so unfair.  

They didn't have a chance. 

Just like me.

The sound of snapping bones send cold shivers down my spine, and I ran out of the prison. Hoping the vampires would ignore me and wouldn't bother later on either.

Tears rand down my cheeks like waterfalls, as images of the bloody fight went through my head. 

We didn't... No one did- deserve this.

I ran into the kitchen, scared servants hovered over the small wooden table. 

All heads turned appalled my way, when I rushed in, breathing heavily, tears blurring my vision. 

For a second there was wave of relieved sights, before the people showered me in questions.

I shook my head frantically, I wanted to scream, curse and whatnot but there was no way a coherent sound would leave my lips.

Warm and gentle arms wrapped around me, hugging me tightly. 

"It's okay, Clover. It's okay." my cousin voice soothed me, she whipped away my tears before pushing slowly down the basement.

The basement became my new room, I didn't leave it at all for a few days, sleeping between wine bottles and potatoes, doing the little work I was given.

Our masters thirst had become unquenchable, they killed two from us in just one week. 

Even I was attacked when I polished the furniture, the experience of fangs piercing through your flesh had been new to me, and I didn't want to feel it again. 

And memories of the pain haunted me at nights, alongside others.

And my dear cousin had become the favorite toy of the head master, he was the most sadistic one, leaving her bleeding on the floor, or drinking so much she lost consciousness.

I hadn't seen 'them' for about three weeks, no one had- more than half our nine masters took off to some journey, and the work of taking care of them was once again my problem.

Would they still be alive? In what condition would they be in? 

The short way to their prison felt like it took an eternity. The key in my hands felt heavy and hot, it was thick like my finger and had 3 jags. I clenched my hand around it, pressing it to my chest as I entered the stall. 

No one had bothered to fix the hole, and the door stood wide open, giving view to a man hung up on his wrist- one arm missing. 

Slowly I entered their room, the man that hung up there was still alive, his raspy breathing was  shallow, the condition of the rest of his body was unbelievable- every normal person should have died- and he probably wished for it. 

My eyes skimmed through the rest of them, everyone lying on the floor, bleeding and hurting, even more chains were thrust through their bodies.

The sole man in his cell was beaten until he was unrecognizable.  

Horrible- it was just horrible.

"Hey! Get to work!" Bark stood behind me, soup and water with rugs had been placed beside me. 

Bark gave us a last glance and almost ran out of the stall.

I unlocked the doors and loosened their chains, but the man hanging- the one that had ripped off my masters limp- he stayed like that, I didn't know how to let him down without hurting him.

I cleaned them slowly, fed them seeing as they didn't have the force to move a hand.

What should I do? What could I do to help them? 

I closed the doors of the cells not bothering with the looks on the chains, as if they could move.

I let key fall on the floor, it was soft from the water I had dripped there, and as I stepped on the iron it left its form there.

This was my decision. It was my plan. 

I picked up the key, leaving the form in the floor untouched, leaving behind indecision. 

I didn't have a chance at all, but they did, and I would give that to them.