44

"You made the right choice Jennie, I'm sorry to say this but I could feel that you really need the money" he said it gently without any signs of rudeness.

"Yes sir Michael. My father needs to be operated ASAP, or else his life could be fatal" I saw that he was sad to hear the news.

"Don't worry about your father Jennie, schedule the operation right away" I want to jump in happiness by his words, especially when he held his checkbook out and wrote the amount on it.

"Here. As promised" he said and I slowly took it from him.

I just signed the contract.

"Too early for the payment sir I-" he cut me off.

"An agreement is an agreement Jennie. You just have to participate at the process and you can't quit especially in the middle of the selection" I sighed. I need to be a woman of my word.

"I will sir" I said and he smiled.

Nobody knows about this, only Kai and Krystal. I could feel that Rosie is getting suspicious but I was quick to give her a reason every time she would ask.

This is better than having a second work.

The royal family is very powerful and since we are under the monarchy type of government, they made all the decisions without the people's consent. (Forgive me, not sure of this)

The royal pick has become the talk of the town, and even suspend classes for the next 3 months. An early vacation I must say.

"Pack your things Jennie, tomorrow you will be staying at the palace. Don't worry, I would take care of your father back in here. Just do your part" I nod and felt relieved that I know Dad will be okay now, at least a greater chance of surviving.

"And thank you Jennie" he sincerely said.

"No. Thank you sir, I don't know what to do without you. I'll promise to take this selection with full effort" it's true.

Since I am entering this, then I must give my best. Maybe Kai was right, in this way I could forget about Lisa.

I missed her but I don't want to see her anymore.
*******
The name of the last candidate was submitted and the announcement was signed and sealed right after.

The Kingdom is ready for the Royal Pick.

Rosie

"Everybody's talking about the Royal Pick, even your ex was rumored to be joining the process" I said while Jisoo's eyes were just pinned to the TV.

"Yeah" she replied shortly. Jisoo has changed since she came home from Montealto, she's still the Jisoo I love but she became less cheerful now.

"I wonder how the prince looks" that caught her attention.

"Prince?" she asked me.

"Yes. That's what the people are saying" I told her on what I heard about the rumors.

"Prince my ass" she said in a whisper but it was clear to me.

"Why? Chu? Do you know something about the Prince?" she gulp and looked at me. She pulled me to her chest and hugged me tightly.

Jisoo's like this when she's nervous.

"No. I don't care about the royalties Chaeng, let's not talk about them" I always got this kind of reply whenever a royalty is mentioned.

The last time I insist about opening this topic, we just ended fighting and her coming home drunk. I don't want to let that happened again because I can't bare to watch Jisoo being rushed to the hospital again" I just sighed how a certain person's disappearance totally changed our life.