CHAPTER 1

It was Jillian’s first day at a new high school, again. She hated being the new kid, everyone would gossip about her, trying to find her flaws, and then she would make a few friends and a few enemies.

She just wished that her family would quit moving so much, it was really annoying trying to make new friends every place they went, then to get torn away from her friends once again when her dad found new work.

It was getting old. She was just glad it was the last few months of her senior year and that she wouldn’t have to deal with moving to a new high school anymore.

She got dressed that morning, putting on jeans and a t-shirt, her typical style of dress, and hoped that she might find some new friends this late in the school year.

It was the beginning of March, and her dad had decided just the week before that they had to move again, but why?

She was getting ready to graduate.

It had been extremely frustrating, but her parents had insisted that they move, her dad had actually looked worried, as they packed their stuff, as if something bad was going to happen if they didn’t move.

So Jillian after some protesting, finally gave in, and so here they were in some little town, although Jillian had to admit, it was a pretty town.

Especially the huge mansion that sat on the hill overlooking the town.

She wondered who lived there, they were obviously rich, and why live here of all the places? In the middle of nowhere, really, it was. The closest city was an hour away. She wondered if she would ever meet whoever lived in the mansion, but for now, she didn’t care.

All she cared about was graduating, catching up on work she knew she had missed, and hoping that she would survive school until the middle of June.

Her parents were already gone to work, off on a new dig, no surprise. Her father was a paleontologist, which often got confused with archeologists.

One dug up fossils, like dinosaur bones, the other one dug up ancient human civilizations. Her dad was the first one, he dug up bones and fossils from millions of years ago.

Jillian was used to having her parents head to work before she got up and she usually didn’t seem them until dark, so she made herself some breakfast and then headed to school.

She walked since the school was nearby. She smiled as she walked, nodding at the neighbors who were out watering their lawns, or sending their kids off on the school bus.

Jillian hoped that it would be a good place to live, and she really hoped that she would find a boyfriend.

She had made friends with boys at her other schools, but they hadn’t wanted to get serious with her, mostly because she wouldn’t sleep with them. She was not that type of girl.

The only problem was, she only had a little over two months of school left, would she be able to make any friends at all, let alone a boyfriend?

A few minutes later she walked up to the high school.

It looked like a typical high school. It was on a dead end street and looked like it took up quite a bit of property.

She could see a football stadium on one side of the school, and tennis courts on the other side.

She headed up the stairs of the school hoping to be ignored by the students who were ahead of her, but of course, they all looked at her, the new girl.

A few girls snickered as she walked by,but she was used to it.

She noticed then as she headed inside that most of the girls were dressed rather slutty and she thought, ‘great, I am going to school with a bunch of Ho’s.’