CHAPTER 22

Jillian woke later, restless, and noticing it was only 9:00, she got up and went in the search of Edric. Not seeing him in his office, she decided to head out back. Emerson and Carla were sitting on a porch swing, visiting.

"You okay Luna?" Emerson asked her.

"I am, I was just a bit sad over my mom mentioning having kids."

"You will have more, I am sure of it," Carla smiled softly.

“About earlier,” Jillian said. “I am sorry.”

“Don’t be,” Emerson chuckled. “I didn’t realize how incredibly powerful you are.”

“When I get mad I can do that,” she sighed.

“You can also make people talk,” Carla pointed out.

“Plus you can heal, and you can see the future. What don’t you do, Luna?” Emerson teased her.

“This,” she said, pointing to her head. “It drives me crazy that I can’t mind link with Edric to see where he is.”

"He went to the airport to make sure that his men were guarding the planes, and to make sure nothing happens to them."

"Planes?" Jillian asked.

"Oh yeah, he owns a whole fleet of them," Emerson said.

"Of course he does," Jillian replied, sitting on an outdoor wicker chair that was next to the swing. She just kept being surprised over how much Edric owned, and how wealthy he was.

"Want to go swimming?" Carla asked Jillian.

"The pool is lit up so we can see."

"I'm not much of a swimmer," Jillian admitted.

"That's okay, you can sit in the shallow end," Carla assured her.

"It does sound nice," Jillian admitted, "I'll go get my swimsuit on." She stood and headed inside, but as she headed inside a vision flashed in front of her eyes.

Carla wasn't a strong swimmer either, Emerson knew it, but teasing her, he threw her into the deep end of the pool, and Carla didn't resurface.

Jillian gasped and turning around, she ran back outside. The two of them were headed to the end of the pool, Carla screaming for Emerson to put her down, but she was laughing.

"Emerson put her down now!" Jillian screamed, but it was too late and he threw her into the deep end.

Carla screamed as she hit, and went under.

"Get her out now, before she drowns!" Jillian screamed at Emerson, running to the end of the pool where he had thrown Carla.

"She can swim Jillian, don't worry," Emerson grinned, but then his face turned to a frown as Carla didn't surface.

"She's drowning, get her out, now!" Jillian yelled at him.

"What's going on here?" Edric said as he headed to the backyard.

He watched as Emerson dove into the deep end and moments later pulled Carla out of the water.

He laid her onto the cement and knelt by her. She wasn’t breathing, so he started mouth to mouth.

"Edric, get an ambulance, now!" Jillian shouted at him. He nodded and pulled out his phone to call for one.

“Breathe dang it,” Emerson said, tears leaking down his face.

Carla suddenly took a deep breath, then spit out a whole bunch of water.

“Thank goodness,” Emerson wept, holding Carla to him.