CHAPTER 27

Carla was done waiting, Jillian couldn’t still be in the mall, could she? She padded around the mall parking lot, hoping no one would see her and call the cops. She didn’t need to terrify anyone. But she couldn’t find the car.

“You two find the car ?” Carla mind linked them.

“No, it’s not here ,” Gerald replied.

“We had better see if we can pick up her trail then ,” Carla said and headed out of the parking lot, the two other wolves right behind her.

Edric was not happy that Jessy wouldn’t confess and tell him who had sent her to kidnap Jillian. She was too terrified, and so he had killed her.

He didn’t want her hurting his Luna, again, and then he felt guilty for getting so angry, and Jillian thinking it was directed at her. He had seen the look of terror in her eyes as she had turned and ran. He hoped she had gone back to the hospital room, but something told him she hadn’t. Good thing she had Carla and two guards with her.

He walked into the hospital room, and sure enough, she was gone.

“You did terrify her,” Orson pointed out to him.

“I know, but I was so ticked off.” He sighed.

“Carla, where is the Luna ?” he mind linked her.

“At the mall, Alpha .”

“Very good, keep an eye on her and bring her home when she calms down.”

“Yes, Alpha. ”

Carla wasn’t about to tell him that they had lost her scent. They would just have to find her and fast.

The three of them ran down the road, but Jillian’s scent was gone. All they could smell was exhaust from cars.

“We had better keep looking, she can’t have gotten far,” Carla thought to the other two .

But five hours later, still no sign of her. They had searched the city, and Carla was getting worried. She was going to have to admit to the Alpha that Jillian was gone.

“Come on, we had better head home, ” Carla told the other two.

“He is going to kill us. ” Gerald said.

“I know,” she sighed.

They went back to the palace and shifted, then hurried into their rooms to change. They walked back out, to see the Alpha, Warren, Emerson, Orson and Wes waiting for them.

“Where is she Carla? And where is the car?” the Alpha growled.

Carla hung her head. “I am sorry Alpha, she left the mall without us knowing, and we lost her scent.”

“You what?” he roared in anger, making everyone drop to their knees.

“We are sorry Alpha,” Gerald whimpered. “We didn’t know she would leave the mall without us.”

He growled again. “We have to find her.”

“Yes Alpha,” everyone said.
Jillian’s parents walked into the hall then, as the men and Carla were getting off of the floor.

“What’s going on?” Henry frowned. “I heard you yelling, and where is Jillian?”

“She’s missing again,”Edric growled in anger.

He was more upset at himself than he was with Carla and the two guards.

“What?” Henry yelled. “Are you kidding me? She went missing yesterday too! You need to reign her in better your Highness, or I am taking her home, and you can forget about marrying her.”