CHAPTER 16

When Jillian woke up, it was dark, she was in bed, and a warm arm was over her. She turned over to see Edric sound asleep beside her. She was also in just a t-shirt and underwear.

Had he changed her? She must have been really out of it, but she had been really tired. He sighed in his sleep, and she smiled. She was a lucky girl. He was taking such good care of her. She couldn't believe it had been less than a month since she had met him, but she was glad he had walked into the school and claimed her.

She had fallen deeply in love with the man.

He sensed her watching him and woke up.

"Hey Luna, how are you feeling?" he asked her softly.

"Better," she replied, "but,"

"But what?"

"I know something that would make me feel even better," she grinned cheekily.

"Are you up to it?" he asked in concern.

"When it comes to you? I will always be up to it," she teased.

He grinned, pulling her on top of him, and kissing her. "I missed this," he said, as he pulled her shirt off.

"Me too," she whispered.

It was dawn by the time they fell asleep in each other's arm, content, and happy.

When Jillian woke up later, Edric was gone. She shouldn't have been surprised. It was almost noon. She got up, showered and dressed, then headed to the kitchen, she was starving. She rubbed her stomach, wondering if she would start craving weird things.
Carla was in the kitchen making herself some lunch.

"Hi Luna, how are you feeling?"

"Good," she shrugged.

"Just hungry."

"Here, you can eat my sandwich, I will make another."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. You are my Luna after all. I need to take care of you before myself."

"I thought that was Edric's job," Jillian grinned.

Carla laughed. "It is, but it is also ours. Your comfort comes before our own."

"Oh, but that will make me feel weird.”

"Don't let it, that is just the way things are run," she shrugged, pushing the sandwich to Jillian.

"Thanks," Jillian said, sitting at the table.

"What are you planning on doing the rest of the day?" Carla asked.

"I'll probably go paint, and then tomorrow head back to school.”

“If the Alpha lets you.”

“He told me I could.”

“Do you think you will be safe?”

“I think so, why, what aren’t you telling me, Carla?”

She flushed. “Ask the Alpha, he can tell you.”

"Carla," Jillian warned.

Carla could tell Jillian was getting angry, and she could feel great power emanating from her, she was forced to expose her neck to her Luna, and to answer.

"It's just that,"

"Yes?" Jillian asked, wondering why Carla was exposing her neck, she wasn't a wolf.

"The doctor called while you were sleeping yesterday, he found out you had healing powers. You can heal others, and yourself."

"Oh, I thought it would be something bad.”