CHAPTER 24

Jillian headed to her studio as soon as they got home. She wanted to be alone. She was feeling horribly guilty about everything. She couldn’t believe that her friend had been almost hit and killed.
Edric sighed as he watched Jillian walk outside. He turned to Warren.

"I am sick of what is going on. I can't believe that someone is still after us, how the hell are they finding Jillian? Everywhere she goes someone is after her."

"It might be the mind connection within the pack, Alpha. There is always someone with Jillian, and everyone has a mind link but her. So if someone is thinking about her, then whoever is doing this knows exactly where she is."

Edric's wolf growled in anger. " She will never be safe then ," Raul said. "Warren, I trust you with my life, do you think someone in my pack is the one who is trying to kill us?"

Warren shrugged. "I can't be positive Alpha, but I think it is a great possibility."

"Then how do I get Jillian to safety without anyone knowing. If anyone knows where she is because of a mind link, we are all screwed."

"I have a suggestion Alpha."

“Go ahead.”

"Send Jillian away with her parents, somewhere where no one will know. They are all human, so no one could try and mind link with them. Leave her friend here, since she is a wolf, and don’t send her to Florida, everyone knows they are going there, and don't tell me or anyone else. Give her a phone to keep in touch, but make sure it is encrypted so no one can find out where she is."

"I like your thinking Warren. I will call Jillian's parents now."

Warren left Edric to call Jillian's parents as he headed to the kitchen to eat lunch.

Out in her studio, Jillian sighed heavily. She was working on another painting, but it was dark. It represented her pain and loss. The colors were dark and swirling like an angry storm, but right in the middle was a little speck of silver.

The light in the storm. She hoped that the light would grow and that things could get back to normal, but she knew the only way for that to happen would be to leave and to let Edric find out who was behind everything going on. A little while later Edric found Jillian on the couch in the studio. She had been crying.

He sat down by her and pulled her onto his lap.

"My sweet Luna, I am so sorry that all of this is happening," he murmured. "I have a solution though," he said, wiping at her tears.

"Oh?" she asked, hope in her eyes. He smiled softly.

"I called your parents. I told them to pack clothes for a few weeks. I am sending the three of you away while we deal with us."

"Where to?"

"I won't say. I don't know who is listening," he replied.

"I don't want to take chances of anyone finding you. Detective Campbell is encrypting a new cell phone for you so you can stay in touch with me without giving out your location."

"You are sending my parents with me because we are all human, and letting Kimberly stay home because she is a wolf.”

"Yes. No one can read your minds, or mind link, I think you will be safer that way."

“I take it you won’t be sending any guards with me then.”

"I want to, believe me, I do, but I won't. I don't know who I can trust right now, and with everyone mind linking but you, I trust no one."

“How long do you think I will need to be gone?”

“I am not sure, but hopefully not too long.”