CHAPTER 8

Jillian was not sure what time it was when she woke up, but she felt uncomfortable. She realized why when she found her dress was hiked up past her thighs in bed.

She got up, stripped off the dress, put on a long t-shirt, and headed back to bed, setting her alarm. If she was going to school, she had better set it.

She fell right back asleep and didn’t wake up until her alarm went off. She hurriedly got up, showered and dressed in jeans and a nice shirt, and then grabbed her backpack off the floor.

She wondered how behind she was in schoolwork. She hoped Edric had dismissed her for a few days, so she wouldn’t be marked absent with no call in.

Carla brought her breakfast into her.

“Glad to see you are ready. Alpha is ready to take you to school when you are ready to go.”

“He is really taking me?” Jillian frowned.

Carla grinned. “Yes, and don’t argue about it. He is just watching out for his Luna,” she pointed out and left the room.

Jillian hurriedly ate the waffle, chased it down with orange juice, and then headed down the stairs. Edric was visiting with Emerson by the front door, they were waiting for her.

They both nodded at her, then Edric stepped up to her and kissed her softly. She didn't think she would get used to having attention from such an amazing looking man, and his kisses were enough to make her want to pass out they were so incredible.

“Good morning Luna,” Emerson said.

“Ready for school?”

“Hopefully,” Jillian said, stepping back from Edric.

“I just hope that I am not treated like I was before.”

Edric frowned. “People were not nice to you?”

“I’m never a popular one,” Jillian shrugged, “and who knows how it will be now that you marked me.”

“Now you are the Luna, they have to treat you with respect,” Edric told her as he put an arm about her waist and headed outside with her.

“If not, I will know, and they will regret it.”

“Will they know who I am? I am human after all.”

“You are human, but they will see your mark, and they will respect you. Don’t worry Luna, I am close by if you need me,” he said, kissing her, and helping her into the limo.

He slid in beside her, and Emerson climbed into the driver’s seat.

“We’ll be back to get you when school gets out,” Edric assured her.

She nodded and sat by him, and he held her hand until they pulled up to the school. Students were walking in but stopped when they saw the limo.

Edric got out, making the girls grin, and head towards him, but they stopped when he pulled Jillian from the car and putting his arms around her, laid a searing kiss on her lips.

She pulled away, her face bright red.

“Thanks, for embarrassing me,” she muttered.

“Just letting everyone know you are mine,” he chuckled.

“See you after school.”

He climbed back into the limo and it pulled away.

“Jillian!” Kimberly shouted, running up to her, and hugging her friend tightly.

“I thought you were gone for good, yet here you are.”

She stepped back to eye her friend and then gasped.