CHAPTER 9

The rest of the day went by much better, and Jillian was grinning as she climbed into the limo after school. Edric pulled her to him and laid a scorching kiss on her lips.

“How was school?” he asked.

“Good. Thanks for coming earlier.”

“You are welcome and thank you for not interfering. I don’t want to look weak in front of anyone.”

“I kind of figured, and thank you for letting me have a say in his punishment.”

“I have to admit, it is much harsher than what I had in mind,” Edric chuckled.

“Did he give you any problems after I left?”

“He glared at me, but that was it.”

“He glared at you?” Edric growled.

“Yes, but it’s not a big deal.”

“It is a big deal. That is just as disrespectful. I will have a word with him,” he growled.

“It’s okay Edric, really,” she protested.

“No, it is not,” he said.

“It is,” she promised, and pushing the button to roll up the window separating Emerson from them, she climbed onto his lap and kissed him soundly.

“You know woman, if you tease me like that, I might take you here in the car,” he growled in her ear.

She gasped, her face heated, and tried to scramble off of his lap, but he held her tight, nuzzling her neck, and kissing her senseless.

He finally set her down when they pulled through the gates. He grinned down at her.

“Perhaps when we have a longer ride one of these days, I will have to show you the art of lovemaking in a car,” he teased.

She blushed bright red, making him laugh. He kissed her cheek. “I know you want too,” he murmured in her ear.

She opened the door and escaped, making him laugh harder.She ran to her room, trying to calm her heart.

Yes, she wanted him badly, but she would wait. She had to make sure that he loved her, and she, him before she took that step. Besides, she had known him for only a week. She didn’t want to take that step quite yet, even though it was tempting.

The next day, Edric took her to school once again, and once again, he laid a scorching kiss on her lips in front of everyone. She just shook her head at him.

“You are mine, remember that,” he told her.

“How could I forget,” she laughed, then headed into school. He watched her as she walked inside.

You need to mate with her ,” his wolf said, “then she will truly be yours.”

“I don’t think she is ready .”

“Make her ready. She loves your kisses, I am sure you could think of some way to seduce her .”

Edric just chuckled. “You are worse than I am, Raul.”

“She’s our mate, what do you expect ?”

Jillian’s school day went much better, even lunch was better. Jarem wasn’t there, and she was grateful. The other students just ignored her after nodding at her, which she was also grateful for.

When Edric picked her up from school, she was smiling.

“You look happy,” he said, kissing her as he put her into the limo and climbed in after her.