CHAPTER 25

Jillian felt the bullet hit her shoulder, and she fell to the ground, hard, knocking her out.

When Jillian came to, she was bound and gagged in the back seat of a car. Her shoulder hurt like crazy, and she wondered if Jessy was just a really bad shot, or had she shot Jillian in the shoulder on purpose? Jessy was driving and talking on the phone to someone.

"Yes, I have her, no, he has not noticed her being gone, or he would be after her. It makes me wonder if they really are mates," she snickered.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there in a few."

She then hung up. Who was Jessy talking to? Jillian didn't want to move, even though her shoulder was healing already.

Did Jessy know she healed fast? She hoped not, but Jillian didn't really want to stick around to see who had ordered Jessy to come after her and her parents. She was sure it was the same person, but who? She pondered on escaping, or should she wait and see where Jessy was taking her, to see who she was talking to?

What to do, what to do. She decided on the first choice. She sat up after tearing her restraints off easily. She was either getting stronger, or Jessy didn’t know how to tie someone up properly.

"So witch, what are you planning on doing with me?" Jillian hissed into Jessy's ear.

Jessy screamed and jerked the wheel hard, sending it sailing across the lane and into a field, right into a tree. Jillian saw the accident happening, right before impact, so she ducked back down and braced for impact.

Maybe she shouldn't have done that to Jessy, scaring her that bad, but too late for regrets now.

The car hit the tree, hard. Jillian hit the back of the driver's seat with a hard oomph, making her let out a scream, while Jessy hit the steering wheel, making the airbag deploy.

"Ouch," Jillian moaned. She sat back up and shook her head. It hurt, a lot.

She touched it and noticed it was bleeding, no surprise.

"Stupid idiot," she muttered, cussing both her and Jessy out, then leaned over the seat to make sure that Jessy wasn't dead, not that she really cared, she did kidnap her after all.

Jessy was unconscious, no surprise. She had hit a tree head-on. She sat back on the seat, knowing Edric would soon be there, wouldn’t he? She was sure he had felt her pain, but then, did he even know she had been kidnapped? It’s not like she had her phone on her to call anyone.

Suddenly her door was ripped off the hinges and Edric was there. He tossed the door into the grass and looked at her.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly, great worry on his face.

"I’m better off than Jessy,” Jillian told him.
Edric leaned in and pulled Jillian out and into his arms, bridal style.

"Your head is bleeding."

"It will heal. How did you know where I was?"

"Well, I was kicking myself for leaving you alone, and I headed back to the house just as Jessy was pulling out of the gates. I wondered what she was doing there, and so I followed. I knew you were injured somewhere, I could feel your pain, did she hurt you?"

"She shot me, then tied me up and dumped me into the car," Jillian admitted. "But that doesn't explain how you knew I was in the car."

"I didn't know until I heard you scream."

"I screamed?"

"Yes, when the car hit the tree. I wanted to kill Jessy for crashing. Why did she crash anyway?"