CHAPTER 2

At the palace, the Alpha King paced. He was supposed to go to the school today, but he didn’t feel up to it. He knew no girls had turned 18, and the other girls could wait.

He didn’t want to go look for harem girls, even though the other Alpha’s liked it when he sent some his way. He needed to stop sending them girls.

He didn’t know why he had started that anyway, but he supposed it helped to keep the other packs from starting a war with him, by keeping the unmated Alpha’s happy.

Something wasn’t right though. He could feel it. It was almost a feeling of jealousy, and then a feeling of anger. He didn’t like to feel that way. He paced his office. The door opened then.

“Alpha, the girls are waiting for you at the school,” the man said.

“Not today Beta. They will have to wait another week.”

The Beta looked surprised.

“Edric? Are you all right?”

Edric shook his head. “I don’t feel right today, something is off.”

“Maybe we need to start you a harem,” the Beta grinned.

Edric shook his head. “I am sick of girls, Warren.”

Warren looked even more surprised.

“You love women, I thought,” he said, closing the door behind him as he stepped into the room.

“I liked looking at them, but not so much anymore. Now they are just a nuisance.”

“It makes me wonder about you,” Warren teased him.

“You usually love having all those girls hanging around the palace. So, tell me, why the change of heart today? The girls are going to be disappointed. You show up like clockwork, every week for the last year, so what is different now?” Warren asked.

“I don’t know, but something is just off, and no, a girl will not help me right now,” he sighed.

“Are you sure? There are some beauties there.”

“No, because that is just that much more money spent on some girl, that is going to end up in someone’s harem. I am sick of them Warren. I am sick of them being in my home and watching them walk around with almost nothing on, flaunting themselves, and trying to throw themselves at me. Even though I send them off to someone else, they still want me. They are not my mate, and I want them out of here.” Warren laughed.

“You used to love that though when they threw themselves at you.”

“Not anymore. They disgust me. I am thinking of telling the other packs if they want girls for their harems, they can come and get them, themselves.”

Warren nodded. “I might have an idea to what your problem is.”

“What?”

“You haven’t found your mate yet, and your wolf is getting restless. Perhaps your mate is nearby, and your wolf can sense her.”

“Yeah right, I doubt it,” Edric scoffed.

“Where would she be, pray tell? Not at that stupid high school, there has not been a new student there for ages.”

“Until today,” Warren replied.

Edric glared at him.

“Well, why didn’t you say so?”

“Because she is human.”

“Oh,” Edric sighed, making his wolf growl. “That’s too bad. You kind of got my hopes up.”