CHAPTER 34

Hayden walked into the office then and nodded at the two of them.

“Edric, a word?” Edric nodded.

“Stay here. I want to make sure it is safe before you come outside,” he told Jillian.

“Okay.”

Good, they’re gone ,” Aria chuckled, as the door closed behind the men.

“Aria, I am worried. If someone is trying to test the barriers, that means they are determined to come and get me .”

Oh posh, girl. You can take any one of them down if Edric would let you.

“What do you mean ?”

I mean, once you shift, you will be unstoppable .”

“Oh. You are probably right, Edric will probably try and be too overprotective though when he sees I can shift to a wolf.”

You had better believe it, that is why you and I aren’t saying a word until after the wedding .”
“We will be attacked tomorrow though .”

“Of course we will be. It is too much of a temptation not too. The one after you doesn’t care who he kills, as long as he can get to you .”

I wonder how many people are on his side ?”

“Too many more than likely .”

“I wonder if I will be strong enough to fight tomorrow. If I have never shifted before, but where can I practice shifting? If Edric heard me, well, all hell would break loose ,” Jillian said.

Aria chuckled. “You had better believe it. Wolves have very good ears. I’m sorry to tell you but you are going to have to wait until tomorrow to shift. But where you are a healer, you should be able to shift easier .”

“I wonder if my mother could heal .”

Yes, you are just like her, but more powerful, especially when you get angry. Your mother couldn’t bring people to their knees like you can .”

“I can do that, can’t I ,” Jillian chuckled. “Just wait until everyone finds out about you.”

I know, it will be so awesome ,” Aria agreed.

Jillian sighed then. “I wish that I could have the wedding of my dreams tomorrow. But no, I will be forced into wearing something I know I will hate, plus no cake, no decorations, no bouquet .”

Girl, you are marrying the hottest man alive, and you are worried about your dress? Get over yourself,” Aria chuckled. “You are a High Queen, not some teenage girl who isn’t getting her way .”

“But I am a teenage girl not getting her way ,” Jillian pouted.

Oh please girl. Suck it up. I am sure Edric would give you the wedding of your dreams after this is over .”

“You are right, he probably would, and yes, I need to suck it up .”

Good girl. I can hear Edric.”

And then she was gone again. Edric walked back in and walking to Jillian he picked her up and then set her onto his lap, kissing her fervently.

“I love you sweet Luna of mine.”

“I love you too.” She looked at him. “You are worried.”

“Very.”

“We can put off our wedding if you want.”