CHAPTER 26

Warren headed into the palace first, to see if Jillian’s parents were still up. They were waiting in the sitting room off the entryway when he walked in.

They hopped up. “Where is Jillian?” her dad asked.

“Edric is bringing her home.”

“Where was she?”

“At her friend’s house. They wanted one last night together before the three of you left.”

“Did anyone know she was there?” her mom asked.

“Not until just a bit ago. We’ve been out looking for her, but she finally called.”

“She needs to be grounded for a month,” Henry growled, “and does she even know we were almost in a car accident?”

“She does,” Warren replied. “I am sure you are both exhausted, why don’t you head to bed, I know Jillian will be headed straight to bed when she gets home.”

“Hopefully not to the King’s bed,” Henry muttered.

He took his wife’s hand. “Come on, let’s head upstairs. We can have a word with our daughter tomorrow.”

Jillian’s mom nodded and the two headed up to bed. “Okay, coast is clear,” Warren thought to Edric.

“Thanks Warren ,” came the reply.

Edric came in the front door and carried Jillian upstairs and laid her onto his bed. He then took off her bloodied shirt and pants, and after wiping the blood from her hair, he climbed into bed by her.

“Goodnight my Luna,” he whispered, pulling her close to him.

Her only response was a sigh.
The next morning, Jillian woke up with a start. The bed was cold next to her. She knew that Edric had tucked her in last night, so where was he? Then she remembered. He was probably at the hospital interrogating Jessy. She wanted to be there too, but how would she escape and go see her?

She got up and went into the bathroom, sighing at her reflection. She looked like a mess. She got into the shower and cleaned up and then after dressing, she headed down the stairs. The house was quiet. Where were her guards? Where was Carla and Emerson? Did they all go to the hospital?

She headed into the kitchen. No one was there either. It was kind of eerie. She found some food and after preparing it, she sat to eat. As she ate, she heard a door open and close, and then a few moments later Carla walked into the kitchen.

“Good morning Luna,” Carla said.

“Where is everyone?” Jillian asked her.

“At the hospital. The Alpha is there talking to Jessy.”

“And my guards?”

“Everyone is there but the ones outside guarding the palace.”

“Why would he leave me here alone? Especially after what happened last night?”

“He said to tell you that you were in good hands with me and that there were twenty men outside to guard the palace and you.”

“Okay then. What I wouldn’t do to go and talk with Jessy.”

“You and me both. That woman has been a thorn in our sides since she got here.”

“Then why can’t we go and see her also?” Jillian asked her.

“No way, the Alpha would have my head if he knew that I took you to the hospital.”

“You could always tell him I didn’t feel well, that would be an excuse.”