CHAPTER 14

Emerson pulled up to the Emergency entrance, and two nurses walked out with a stretcher between them. Edric helped Jillian out and made her lay on the stretcher, then he, Warren, and Kimberly followed, as Emerson headed to park the limo.

The nurses put Jillian into a room and Dr. Hess walked in, shaking his head.

“Didn’t we just discharge you this morning, Luna?”

Jillian grinned. “You did, but I decided to have a bit more fun before I headed home.”

Edric shook his head at Jillian’s smart remark.
Dr. Hess looked at Jillian’s head and her eyes for signs of a concussion.

“This is remarkable, young lady. You look healed already.”

“I am. But the Alpha wanted to make sure I didn’t reinjure myself from the accident a few days ago.”

He nodded. “I’ll take you to x-ray then,” and he and the nurses pushed Jillian out of the room and down the hall to x-ray.

Emerson joined the others in the room while they waited to see how Jillian was. Edric looked to his men.

“I can’t believe Kelson tried to kill my Luna ,” he mind linked them. He didn’t want Kimberly listening in.

“Why ?” Emerson asked.

“And how did he know that you were mated ?”

“How did he know she was there? And he called her Luna ,” Edric frowned.

“We had better look and see what he has been up too,” Warren replied.

“He might have formed his own pack.”
Edric growled.

“He had better not have. Or I will personally kill all of them .”

“We’ll help,” Emerson told him.

“Especially if they were given instructions to come after the Luna.”

“She will need more protection ,” Warren stated.

“Yes, she will. I just hope that he was acting alone ,” Edric frowned.

“I guess we will find out, ” Emerson replied.
Jillian walked into the room then, Dr. Hess behind her.

She looked like a mess, blood on her shirt and head. Emerson held up a bag for her.

“I have your stuff here.” Wes had thrown the bags into the trunk before they had left the mall.

“Thanks Emerson, you are a lifesaver,” Jillian told him.

“She’s fine,” Dr. Hess said.

“Her old injuries are okay, and her head injury is fine. She seems to have healed already Alpha, which is very curious to me. I am wondering if she does have wolf blood in her. Do you care if I take a sample?” he asked Jillian.

“I can test it to see if you do.”

She shrugged. “Sure, that’s fine.”

He nodded. “Depending on what is going on, we should have results in a few minutes.”

After he left, Jillian took her bag of clothes into the bathroom and changed, then washed the blood off of her head. Feeling much better, and looking better, she walked out of the bathroom. The doctor was back with the empty vials.

“We’ll wait out in the waiting room,” Warren told Edric, and took the others with him, leaving Edric behind.

Jillian sat on the bed as the nurse drew some blood.

“We’ll be back in a few minutes with these,” the doctor said.

Edric sat by Jillian and pulled her into his arms, kissing her.

“I am glad you are okay love.”

“I am also. I am so glad you sent Orson and Wes with me, or I would have been kidnapped or killed.”

“I just can’t understand why he would want you, and how he found out about you?”

“Do you think he was acting alone?” Jillian asked.

“I don’t know, but I will check into it,” he promised.

“Maybe I will have to send guards with you to school, just to keep you out of trouble,” he teased.

“It’s not my fault you have a Luna who likes attention,” Jillian grinned at him.

“If you needed attention, you could have asked me,” he chuckled, kissing her again.

She snuggled against him, glad he cared for her.

Dr. Hess walked in a few minutes later, a huge grin on his face.

“Well, I take it that it is good news,” Edric said.

“I found something, her blood is definitely not normal human blood, I’ll have to run some more tests on that, but that is not why I am grinning,” he said.

“Oh, what is it Doc?” Edric asked. “Your Luna is pregnant.”

“What?” Edric said, jumping up. “Are you sure?”

“Very sure,” he said.

“She’s about two weeks along.” Edric looked at Jillian who looked pale.

“My love, you are pregnant,” he said, a huge grin on his face. He kissed her then kissed her stomach.

“I am going to be a dad,” he whispered reverently.

“I’ll leave you two. You are fit to go home Luna, and I will get back with you on the other results. Congrats, by the way,” he said, walking out.

Edric pulled Jillian to her feet. “How do you feel, love?”

“In shock,” she admitted. “I can’t believe I am pregnant.”

“Well, considering we haven’t been using protection,” he pointed out.

“Did you want me pregnant?” she asked him.

“I didn’t really think about it,” he shrugged, “but I am thrilled that you are. I can’t wait until you have my pup. I have always wanted to be a father. Come on, let’s go tell the others the good news.”