CHAPTER 18

The rest of the day was uneventful except for the fact that now everyone exposed their necks to her and then didn’t sit until she did.

She was glad to head to her last class, one of her favorite, her dutch oven cooking class.
The class cooked some potatoes and bread and were sitting around eating it, when Jillian suddenly stood up, holding her mouth.

They were outside, and the class watched as she ran quickly away, Orson and Wes on her heels.

She found some bushes nearby and threw up. Orson frowned and looked at Wes who shrugged.

The teacher walked over a moment later and handed her a bottle of water.

"I am sorry sir," Jillian said, "I guess the food didn't set right."

He nodded. "It's okay Luna, I am sure your body is still healing from your trauma. Why don't you go home early, so you can rest. I will excuse you."

"Thanks," she whispered as she dry heaved.

Orson put an arm about her as Wes grabbed her backpack and they headed to the car.

"Don't throw up in the car," Wes teased, as he got up front.

"I don't think the Alpha would appreciate it."

"I'll try not too," Jillian whispered, her face pale.

Wes hurried them back to the palace. Carla was waiting for them, and took Jillian to her room, made her lay down, and then hurried to get a wet rag, and some crackers. She brought them back, put the rag on Jillian's forehead, and handed her the crackers.

"The first few months of pregnancy are the worst," Carla said.

"Oh, yes, I guess it would be morning sickness," Jillian muttered.

"This is going to suck."

Carla chuckled.

"Just make sure you have crackers with you all the time, and you should be okay."

"When will it go away," Jillian asked, as she nibbled on a cracker.

"Usually after the second month, sometimes the third."

"Oh great," Jillian moaned.

"I'm sorry Luna," Carla said.

Jillian nodded, and hopped off the bed, running to the bathroom again. Carla followed her, holding Jillian's hair back for her as she threw up again. Carla handed her some water to wash her mouth out.

"I am so screwed," Jillian whispered, as Carla helped her back to bed.

"Just rest Luna," Carla told her.

"What am I going to do about school? If I keep throwing up, I won't be able to be there, I'll always be running to the bathroom."

"You can either stay home, and finish school online, or you can just make sure you carry crackers with you and let the teachers know," Carla shrugged.

"I don't want anyone to know yet," Jillian whispered, "especially my parents."

"Speaking of your parents," Carla said. "They want to come to dinner tomorrow."

"That's fine," Jillian said. "Hopefully I’ll be able to hold something down."

"I can call them back," Carla said.

"No, let them come. I want to see them." She sighed.

“I heard about what happened at school today,” Carla smiled at her Luna.

“You were wonderful. Orson and Wes are singing your praises. They said that the whole student body knelt for you? And that three young men want to be your guards? Luna, that has never happened in the history of Luna’s except for the Great Queen.”

“Did she go to school too?” Jillian asked her.

“You had better believe it, and she started showing her powers when she was your age. The students loved her, and she loved them.”

“Tell me about her.”

“I was just a child when she died, but the stories told about her, they are wonderful stories.”

“The principal said she was murdered by rogues.”

Carla nodded. “Yes, her and her husband, and their newborn child.” Jillian gasped.

“They had a child?”

“Yes. She wasn’t even a day old when rogues attacked the nursery and killed her and her parents while they slept.”

Tears fell down Jillian’s face. “That is horrible.”

“I know, it makes all of us sad when we think of how great a Luna that little girl would have been, just like you are turning out to be,” Carla smiled at her, but that became a frown as Jillian headed to the bathroom again.

After she was cleaned up again, Carla helped her back into bed. "I'll go find a bucket," Carla told her, “and then you won’t have to keep getting out of bed.”

She was back a few moments later, Orson and Wes with her. Jillian raised an eyebrow at them.

"Carla said you couldn't stop throwing up. Maybe we should take you to the hospital," Orson said.

"You are probably getting dehydrated."

"No, I'll be okay," Jillian said, as once again she got up and ran to the bathroom.

"Luna," Orson said, "you need to be taken care of. This is not normal."

"I thought morning sickness was normal," she panted, sitting on the floor of the bathroom.

"Not like this. My sister was never this sick with her pup,” he said.

"Okay, maybe I will go," Jillian panted, as she once again threw up.

Orson nodded at Wes, as Orson picked up Jillian into his arms.

Carla followed them out of the room and down the hall to the door. She watched Orson get into the limo with Jillian.

"I'll stay here in case the Alpha calls."

Wes nodded, and he got in and headed out of the drive. Carla went back inside. She hadn't been able to mind link with the Alpha. She was sure it was because he was busy in meetings, but she hadn't been able to get hold of Emerson, or Warren either. What was so important that they would shut her out?

She sighed as she headed back in. She headed into the office and dialed the Alpha's number. It went right to voicemail.

She sighed but left a message. "Alpha, give me a call when you can, it’s important.”

She hung up then. She didn't want to let him know that his Luna was having problems, or he would stress out and possibly wreck when he came racing home. She didn't want that, so she tried to sound calm on the phone.

Jillian felt cold to Orson as he held her on the way to the hospital. She didn't look good at all.

"Step on it Wes, she looks awful."

"I don't want to drive too fast," Wes ground out, "I don't want to get in an accident."

Orson nodded, and then swore, as they headed into the intersection. Their light was green, but he watched in horror as a car came speeding through the red light, and slammed right into the limo, sending it skidding across the lane, and into a building.

Jillian screamed as she was thrown across the limo, and everything went black.