CHAPTER 13

Edric’s phone rang early that morning, and he grabbed it off the nightstand, answering it quickly, hoping not to disturb Jillian, but she stirred as he answered.

“Alpha, we have bad news.”

“Spit it out soldier.” It was one of the Coast Guard.

“We couldn’t find any bodies. The storm last night must have swept them all away.”

“What about the boat?”

“Underwater sir. We are sending in a dive team to see if there are any bodies on board.”
“Keep me updated.”

“Yes sir,” the man said and hung up.

“I’m sorry,” Jillian whispered.

“It is not your fault Jillian, I just wish someone had listened,” he sighed.

She nodded sadly, and he kissed her lips. He could see the deep sorrow in her eyes and knew that she would be a very good Luna. She cared deeply for her people.

“I want to take you home today if that is okay.”

“Okay, I am ready,” she said, kissing him.

“It is very interesting how quick you healed,”
Edric told her, “if I didn’t know any better, I would think you were part wolf.”

“Yes, I am sure you are disappointed that I’m not.”

He kissed her, making her toes curl.

“I will never be disappointed in you my love,” he promised.

“Come on, let’s get you up and dressed. I’ll let the men know we are ready to go home.”

“Do I get normal food?” she asked, making him laugh.

“Of course love, whatever you want, like lots of Jell-O,” he teased, and then he got hit with a pillow.

He pulled her to him and tickled her. “Okay, okay,” she gasped out. “I surrender.”

“Oh really,” he whispered against her lips, kissing her softly.

“Not here Alpha,” she said, pushing him away, “we wouldn’t want to embarrass ourselves.”

He grinned. “I wouldn’t be embarrassed at all.”

“I don’t want anyone looking at your sexy bod though, except me,” she told him.

“You think I am sexy do you?” he asked, pulling her in for another hot kiss.

She sighed against him, she sure loved his kisses. She could stay in his arms all day she decided, but then a knock sounded on the door.

Edric pulled away. “Come in,” he said.

Emerson walked in, and raised an eyebrow, a smirk on his lips.

“We are ready to go whenever you are Alpha.”

“Give us a few Emerson.”

“Yes, Alpha,” he smirked and closed the door behind him.

“Now where were we,” Edric said, pulling Jillian on top of him.

She laughed. “Not right now Mister, we don’t need anyone hearing us.”

“You don’t want them to hear my wild lovemaking skills?” he teased.

She blushed and he laughed, kissing her.

“Very well love, I’ll save it for later.”

He pushed her off of him gently. She headed to the bathroom where clothes were waiting for her. She showered and dressed and then walked out.