CHAPTER 28

When Edric walked into the room, everyone stepped back so he could see Jillian. His heart caught in his throat at the sight of her. She looked seriously ill.

He approached the bed, and everyone left the room to give them privacy.

He pulled up a chair and sat down by her, taking her hand. It was cold.

"My love," he murmured. "I am so, so sorry. Sorry that you were so scared of me that you ran away and sorry that you are going through this. I hope you will forgive me for my foolishness. I cannot live without you Jillian, I can't. It would kill me if you left me."

He felt her squeeze his hand and she opened her eyes. "Hi," he said softly, watching her.

"Hi," she whispered.

"I am so sorry," he said.

"I know, and I am sorry I ran.”

"Will you forgive me for my anger?"

"I will," she said.

"Why did you run?"

"You scared me, I have never seen you so upset, and I thought you were going to take all your anger out on me,” she whispered.

He frowned. "I would never harm you, Jillian, ever. I love you with my entire being. I was angry at Jessy, and my wolf was fighting to get out. I was not angry with you, even though it seemed like it. I was frustrated that you made that comment about her, and to clarify, she was never my lover, even if she wanted to be. I hated her with every ounce of my being. She was rotten through and through. I am truly sorry love. I am just glad that Helen and Albert found you."

"They are very nice wolves."

"Yes, they are. I have met with Albert a few times.”

"They need help though."

"With what?"

"They can't pay their bills, they aren't making enough of a living off their hay."

"I'll see what I can do about that, but there is something we need to talk about."

"I'm pregnant again, aren't I."

"Yes, you are, and it worries me."

"Oh? I thought you would be happy."

"I am ecstatic, but the doctor said this baby does not like your body. That is why you are so sick. You are carrying a werewolf more than likely, and your body is rejecting him or her."

"Oh," Jillian said softly. "What can I do?"

"Two options, I don't like either one."

"What are they?"

"Dr. Hess suggested an abortion."

"No, no way, no matter what," Jillian said, "please don't make me do that."

"I won't, but the other option isn't great either."

"What?"

"You have to be hooked up to I.V.'s and be on bed rest your whole pregnancy."

Jillian frowned. "You're right, that's not a great option either, but better than the other. I wish there was another option."

"I don't know why you couldn't go about your daily life until you felt like you needed I.V.s'," Edric said. "I can't imagine you being sick your whole pregnancy. Isn't the first few months the worst?"

"It is, but what am I going to tell my parents? They will kill me when they find out."

"We could always get married now, then pretend it's a honeymoon baby, you know like we were talking about before when you lost the other one," he said.