chapter 31 ~ shrimp and cocktails

I untwined myself from Mickey's arms as the smell of breakfast made its way through the house.

"Morning"  I yawned, taking the plate Lip offered.

"Hey, is Mickey here?" Mandy asked, handing me a cup of coffee. What was up with the weird assembly line?

"He's upstairs" I muttered, taking a seat at the table.

I could faintly see a smile on her face as he came groggily walking into the kitchen.

"You're wife's water broke, let's go" She sighed as I looked between the two of them. Shit, I forgot he was having a kid.

"Tell her I said good luck" He scoffed, walking over to make himself a plate.

"You're not gonna go be with her?" I asked, taking a sip of my drink.

I mean I know he didn't really like Svetlana, but after all, she was having his kid. Shouldn't he want to be there for that?

"Hell, no. I got work" He snapped. Right, his pimp job he was working with Kev....

Mandy rolled her eyes before angrily storming out of the house. Welp, it wasn't her fault he was an asshole.

"Congratulations" I sang, hiding my laugh as he flipped me off.

"Full house, just like old times" Fiona smiled as I handed her my leftovers.

"You destroyed my art project!" Debbie yelled, getting up from her chair. "You're such a...bitch!"

I watched in awe as she ran up the stairs, once again trying to keep in my laugh. Honestly I think that was the first time I had ever heard her swear.

"Okay...Carl take Liam to school on your way" I sighed, handing him his lunch.

"Can't. I'm suspended"  He shrugged as my face fell. "You would know that if you weren't coked out of your mind"

He grabbed the bag from my hand before storming out the back door.

"Don't worry Cass, I can take him" Ian sighed, picking up our brother. I kissed the both of them on the head before watching them follow after Carl.

"He's only upset because of what happened with Liam" Lip sighed. "I'll be home by dinner"

Liam.....now it all made sense.

He saw his baby brother almost die from cocaine and with me getting high...but I was careful, nothing like that would happen to me.

"Do you have any money you could throw my way?" Fiona whispered as I rolled my eyes. God, is that all she ever fucking needed.

I opened up my wallet before handing her half the tips I made from the other day.

"I'm working a double tonight, so just take it" I sighed tiredly.

"You're going back there?" Mickey questioned as I placed my dishes in the sink.

"One of us has to make money" I muttered, sending a glare to my sister. "Why don't you drop by later?"