Chapter 17

Whatever Shi Bufan considered exciting was completely frightening for Zhen Yuanbai.

He widened his shocked eyes and said, "My father will beat me."

Shi Bufan slightly trembled when he met Zhen Yuanbai's gaze, an intense feeling rushed up in his heart. "How old are you? Your father still beats you?"

Zhen Yuanbai drooped his head down and his curly hair landed on his eyelashes. Shi Bufan reached over and went to brush it to the side, but Zhen Yuanbai immediately dodged his touch. He said in a resentful tone, but it felt like he was acting like a spoiled child. "Don't touch me."

Shi Bufan had never seen someone who was that obedient like him, listening to his parents' every word. He didn't even know how to reject his parents. Therefore, Shi Bufan didn't think that he could find any excitement here. He changed to another method, purposefully saying, "Is your father treating you like a child in daycare? He's taking you home whenever he feels like when you didn't even do anything wrong. Isn't he being a bit too excessive for keeping you away from class?"

Zhen Yuanbai originally thought so as well, but he didn't dare to disobey Zhen Pingjin. Right now, Shi Bufan had exposed his thoughts. Zhen Yuanbai rubbed the corner of his eyes and remained silent.

Shi Bufan's eyes sparkled and moved closer to Zhen Yuanbai, saying, "What a smart child. Are you really not going to class? Your father didn't even lock the house, so can't you just go to class if you feel like it?"

Zhen Yuanbai was slightly touched in his heart.

Shi Bufan's words exposed Zhen Yuanbai's genuine feelings as well. Towards Zhen Pingjin's treatment, he naturally rejected this in his heart. But he has always been weak and afraid of confrontation. This time, the moment Zhen Pingjin received Ji Yanping's call, he rushed over to take him home. To speak in a nice way, Zhen Pingjin was just protective of Zhen Yuanbai. But to speak the truth, he just desired control over Zhen Yuanbai. As a child, Zhen Pingjin was used to controlling Zhen Yuanbai and whenever he noticed that the latter was about to head on the wrong path, he would immediately correct him.

If it were Zhen Youxiu today, Zhen Pingjin would never force him back home because Zhen Youxiu would never accept this unreasonable treatment.

Shi Bufan continued, "There's a lab today and I heard you especially enjoy it. We're already in junior year and in the future, there will be a lot more work to do. There's going to be fewer chances to do hands-on experiments."

Zhen Yuanbai's eyelashes flickered and one could see the struggling gaze within his eyes. Shi Bufan patiently waited for a while before he heard him finally say, "My father will beat me."

"Has your father really beat you before?"

Shi Bufan stared at Zhen Yuanbai's pure white face. Although he didn't have time to see Zhen Family's parents, according to Zhen Yuanbai's personality, there was no way normal parents could lay a hand on him. One just needs to frighten Zhen Yuanbai and the latter would be scared witless. If his parents actually hit him, Zhen Yuanbai would probably faint.

After a good while, Zhen Yuanbai said, "No."

That's right. Although Zhen Pingjin frequently scared him, he didn't actually lay a hand on him. However, he did beat Zhen Youxiu before, because the latter didn't accept discipline. Regarding Zhen Yuanbai, he always listened and this made Zhen Pingjin resentful. He claimed that Zhen Yuanbai was too weak and he would come home as a child, bullied. His mother would hold him in her arms and soothe him, while his father would be scolding him. "How come you always come home crying? Can't you just hit them back if they hit you? Beat those kids to death! This father will go to jail for you!"