Chapter 23

Shi Bufan's heart skipped a beat as well.

He originally thought that it would be very exciting to kiss Zhen Yuanbai in the movie theater, but the latter's response shocked him, causing him to sit back down.

There were people joking in the theater and it was unknown whether they were mocking Zhen Yuanbai's lack of knowledge or laughing at how silly he was being.

Zhen Yuanbai looked down and secretly glanced at Shi Bufan. He wasn't sure what happened to the latter, but he was silent and kept his head down.

"I want to sit in the center." Zhen Yuanbai suggested in a soft voice. There were many empty seats in the theater and Zhen Yuanbai had exposed the two of them. When people sat in those seats, it usually meant that they were doing bad things. He saw people shooting glances at them from time to time.

Shi Bufan closed his eyes for a second before he opened them, picked up his bag and stood up. Zhen Yuanbai hurried to follow him and the two shifted towards the center. Someone immediately looked at them and talked in a low voice towards their companion.

Thankfully, the movie was officially going to begin and Zhen Yuanbai wore his 3D glasses, focusing on the screen.

Yet, Shi Bufan was not interested in the movie at all. He turned around to look at Zhen Yuanbai. Under the dim light, Zhen Yuanbai became the center of his attention and this made Shi Bufan's heart pound quickly.

He shifted his gaze away and wore the glasses, but his mind was still on Zhen Yuanbai. He had been repeatedly recalling the times when Zhen Yuanbai 'turned in his homework' to him. When he remembered how Zhen Yuanbai's faint red lips could possibly turn deep red, he began to feel thirsty and his heart felt clenched.

When the movie was over, Zhen Yuanbai carried his backpack over his shoulder, not wishing for it to end. "Are we going home now?"

Shi Bufan was dissatisfied and unhappy, grabbing a cigarette from his pocket and slowly walking towards the bathroom. Zhen Yuanbai hesitated and followed along, saying, "Didn't you say you're not going to smoke anymore?"

"You said you would turn in your homework on time in the future too. Did you ever turn it in?"

Indeed, Zhen Yuanbai hadn't been turning in his homework for a few days, so he said without confidence, "Um, there are people around."

Shi Bufan stopped by the bathroom and turned around to look at him, saying, "Do you not want to hand in your homework?"

The people going in and out of the bathroom stared at the two. For a second, it felt like Shi Bufan was the one who did his homework while Zhen Yuanbai hadn't, acting like a bad kid. He even seemed shocked.

Zhen Yuanbai moved to the side and what Shi Bufan said was true. But, Shi Bufan seemed to be very angry, so Zhen Yuanbai said, "Didn't I come and watch the movie with you?"

Shi Bufan glanced at him and said, "Shouldn't you watch a movie with me too?"

Actually, he didn't have to.

Zhen Yuanbai reached over and pulled on Shi Bufan, saying, "I should. Tell me, where do you want to go? I'll accompany you."

Shi Bufan coldly shook Zhen Yuanbai's hand off and he said, "If you want to go home, you can."

Zhen Yuanbai couldn't tell if it was words of impulse or anger, but from his expression, it seemed to be impulsive. Zhen Yuanbai was ill at ease and said, "Before going home, I will definitely hand in my homework, ok?"

Shi Bufan was more and more displeased, asking, "Why does it seem like I forced you to do so? Did I force you?"

Zhen Yuanbai tugged on his backpack, clearly nervous as if he was scared.