Chapter 21

Because Shi Bufan's words were too shocking to Zhen Yuanbai's ears, he didn't even have time to stop Shi Bufan from kissing his face.

What was Shi Bufan saying?

He liked him? He took the opportunity while Shi Bufan lost his memory to get closer to him? When did this happen?

Zhen Yuanbai subconsciously shook his head and said, "No, no. I didn't..."

Shi Bufan continued to smile as if he had seen through everything. "If you don't like me, why were you the first one to visit me?"

Because I...am scared of you dying... Zhen Yuanbai was confused and puzzled, feeling numbness in his fingers and held a dumbfounded expression.

Shi Bufan continued to ask in a gentle tone, "If you don't like me, why did you pretend to be my good friend, but ended up hinting at our relationship?"

No, I've never hinted him once before.

"You think that you've hidden yourself, but you left too many clues. You said you want to be my good friend, but you said we 'confirmed our relationship' and that no one else knows about this. You said that I kept you as a secret from everyone else...From the start, you've been lying to me." Shi Bufan smiled a pampering smile and said, "Later on, I noticed that whenever I tried to get closer to you, you would avoid me. What you say and what you do is completely different. Although you want to get closer to me, you reject me also well...You've been in a dilemma and I've been thinking about it. What is my Congming thinking about?"

Zhen Yuanbai held in his breath.

"After a while, I finally figured it out...You want to be with me, but you're also that I might beat you up once I recovered my memory and realized that you were lying to get closer to me, right?"

"..." Zhen Yuanbai couldn't say anything.

The conclusion sounded about right, but what exactly went wrong with the process? Why did Shi Bufan think he was scared that he found out he liked him?

He swallowed his saliva and took his time to mumble, "No, no..."

Shi Bufan squinted his eyes and said, "You're saying that it's all just one-sided love?"

Zhen Yuanbai wanted to nod his head, but his head seemed to be rigid. He looked at Shi Bufan terrifyingly while the latter rubbed Zhen Yuanbai's delicate and soft face. "I've already said all of this. Aren't you going to tell me the truth?"

If Zhen Yuanbai was brave enough, he would've mocked and laughed at Shi Bufan, telling him that he was just lying to him about being good friends, since he couldn't come up with any other explanations. After that, the other lies were built upon the original lie and he was forced to keep up the act. You did think too much into my words. Not only don't I like you, but I was the one who had hit your head!

But he wasn't brave enough.

Shi Bufan had already noticed his swindle and even gave all the unreasonable parts to the story an explanation. Now, Zhen Yuanbai had two options. The first one was to say the truth and try his best to not make it sound like he was mocking him. But, speech was a type of art...It depended on the contents of Zhen Yuanbai's words. As long as he was able to explain himself, no matter how tactful he tried to be, Shi Bufan would definitely smash his head in.

Don't mention how Shi Bufan was injured because of him, but telling Shi Bufan that he was just thinking too much into this, would make him infuriated.

Second, he'd just follow along Shi Bufan for now and delay the beating he would receive. He'd pretend Shi Bufan was correct and Zhen Yuanbai could act as if he really did like Shi Bufan. Then, before the college entrance exam, he could find a reason to break up and steadily find and go to a college. The two would separate and do whatever they want. That way, as long as Shi Bufan didn't recover his memory, he would never know about this.