Chapter 50

Although Zhen Yuanbai had the heart to take revenge on Shi Bufan, he wasn't too brazen or brave. Speaking the truth, he genuinely thought that being liked by Shi Bufan was pretty good. Plus, his grudge had gone away quickly and he was once again, a well-behaved student in class. Zhen Yuanbai continued to uphold his responsibility and taught Shi Bufan for free.

They were nearing the final exam in school and they took many practice tests every day. Even more, many people surrounded Zhen Yuanbai daily, all coming over to ask him for help. Shi Bufan had seen this and felt conflicted. On one hand, he thought that they were annoying, but on the other hand, he thought that his little classmate was quite intelligent.

But glancing at his practice test, he suddenly thought that he was too far away from his little classmate.

To many, the exam week was like a nightmare. Even if they were destined to experience this, they still complained and resented it. Whenever they had to take exams, they had to brace themselves for it. But to Zhen Yuanbai, classes were common occurrences. Even more, tests filled him with joy.

While waiting for the exam to be passed down to him, it felt like Zhen Yuanbai was waiting for a delicious meal, his eyes sparkling and brightened.

Zhen Yuanbai was never pleased to just answer all the questions, but he would cautiously check over his questions, not impatient at all. He never tried to hand in his exam early and would always use up all the time wisely before walking out of the classroom calmly.

He had just walked out of the classroom when someone hugged him from behind and the warm breath sprinkled on his ears. "How's the exam?"

Zhen Yuanbai made an 'ok' gesture and his eyes smiled like crescents of a moon. "How about you?"

"It should be fine as well." Shi Bufan curled his lips up and said, "Where do you want to play while we're on winter break?"

"My father said that he'll take us to a resort for a few days after the grades come out."

"Which resort?"

"90,000 Miles Resort."

Shi Bufan laughed right then. 90,000 Miles Resort was the name of a spa resort and it was in the neighboring city. It would only take about an hour or two by plane, so Shi Bufan said, "I'll go with you."

"We're going on vacation as a family, so why are you tagging along?"

"There are quite a few customized rooms in the resort. There were even some villas and such. How are you guys dividing the rooms?"

Zhen Yuanbai said happily, "A while back, my father had been promoted, so he got a salary raise. He reserved the Furong Courtyard. If it snows by then, it'll be a beautiful sight."

"I want to go as well." Shi Bufan shamelessly requested and said, "It's a waste if just you guys live in such a huge courtyard. If I go with you guys, I can even share the room charge with you guys. The courtyard costs about 4,000-5,000 daily."

Zhen Yuanbai widened his eyes in surprise and asked, "That expensive?"

"Of course it's expensive." Shi Bufan said, "How many days are you guys planning to live there?"

By now, Zhen Yuanbai's tone had softened, saying, "About 3-5 days... my father said that he'll spend a whole month's wage for us."

"Your father is too hard working."

Zhen Yuanbai softly nodded. He didn't cook, so he didn't know the prices of the daily necessities. He didn't work, so he didn't know how much his father made monthly. He only knew that his father was working in a gaming company, so he often stayed up all night to code. As he grew older and got promoted, he then started to get off work at a normal time.