Chapter 66

Zhen Yuanbai woke up to a good rest. He had a great sleep last night, who knew? He came out of the closet yesterday and his parents didn't even beat him, or even scold him.

He really needed to thank the fact that they were nearing the college entrance exam.

He sat up with a kip-up and pulled the door open, walking out. The moment he did, he saw the eye-catching Shi Bufan.

He didn't know why, but after he was exposed, he felt something strange towards Shi Bufan.

After he washed his face and brushed his teeth, he shyly walked over. While he was at it, Shi Bufan pulled the seat over for Zhen Yuanbai and delivered a small deep-fried breadstick for him, saying, "Your younger brother isn't awake yet?"

"He's definitely going to dawdle in bed." Zhen Yunabai said softly. He looked between Qin Ying and Zhen Pingjin. He was unable to tell whether Qin Ying was happy or not, but Zhen Pingjin clearly wasn't very happy. After they finished their food, Shi Bufan pulled Zhen Yuanbai's hands and they walked to his room to do homework. However, before leaving the table, Zhen Pingjin stared at them. "You guys can...do the homework in the living room. There's a lot of space."

Zhen Yuanbai gently withdrew his hand back and said, "The living room isn't quiet enough. I'm used to doing the work in my room."

Zhen Pingjin rubbed his hands against the table. He really wanted to beat Zhen Yuanbai up. Since he was a child, he was always weak and didn't dare to fight back, making him want to beat him up. Qin Ping glanced at Shi Bufan who didn't understand what was happening and smiled, pulling Zhen Pingjin and saying to Zhen Yuanbai, "Return to your room. I'm going to visit your grandparents with your father later."

"If I don't go, will they miss me?"

"They know that you're busy with work." Qin Ying said, "I'll call Youxiu and have them come with us."

She followed the two children and walked towards Zhen Youxiu's bedroom when she suddenly heard footsteps. Zhen Pingjin grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side. He looked at the closed door and said to Qin Ying, "You're going to allow Shi Bufan and Congming in the house alone, without Youxiu at home to watch?"

"It's fine. You don't need to worry for no reason."

Zhen Pingjin said with a gloomy face, "They're about to take the college entrance exam. What if something happens?"

Qin Ying knew that Zhen Pingjin was just worried that the children may influence one another's college entrance exam performance by dating. But she said, "I'll call Youxiu. Our parents must miss their grandsons. Congming still needs to do his homework."

Zhen Pingjin nodded and suddenly opened Zhen Yuanbai's door, saying, "Leave the door open to allow some air in. Don't keep it close the entire time."

When he finished, he turned around and walked to the living room. Shi Bufan was confused and asked, "What's the matter with your father?"

Normally, Zhen Pingjin never cared if they were doing homework with the door closed behind them.

Zhen Yuanbai suddenly didn't know how to explain his confession to his parents. Although he wasn't scared and said it bravely last night, in front of Shi Bufan, it felt as if he was going to bring them to see his parents. His status had changed, and he couldn't help but feel embarrassed.

"Nothing. Let's just do our homework."

"We're only doing our homework? Your father might see anything we do with the doors open..." He just finished his words when he saw a figure by the door. A second later, Zhen Pingjin peeked in and Shi Bufan shut his mouth. He smiled and said, "Uncle, you're going on a stroll?"