15

——

——

Emelina took a deep breath, fluttering her eyes shut as her body relaxed in the hammock. JJ laid on the opposite side, mumbling about something with John B. He didn't even ask if he could join her and just placed himself right near her legs.

The cool air brushed against her skin. The only light source was the indistinct moon from above. The last thing Emelina saw were the stars before sleep took over her body.

Pope and John B sat on the chairs relatively close, sipping on sodas and chatting the night away. "Dude, they're totally gonna make up," JJ said and played with a small stick he found on the ground.

"You think?" John B asked and sighed in his seat. "Yeah. Right, Em?" JJ nudged the brunette, but she only stirred a little bit. "Are you asleep?"

"She's asleep, bro. Looks like you'll have to carry her in." Pope teased while taking a sip of his drink. "I-I'm not carrying her in," JJ told them.

"Actually, I think I'm gonna get some shut-eye." John B said and stood up from his chair. "Yeah, me too," Pope replied and mimicked his friend's actions.

"You can't leave me here with her!" JJ whisper-yelled, but it was no use as he watched his friends head on inside the Chateau. "Ugh," he groaned and helped himself out of the hammock.

He stood above her and looked at her vulnerable state. His finger glided over the faint bruise on her cheek, treating her as if she was fragile. He hated seeing that and couldn't help but feel guilty like he was the reason behind it. She didn't deserve it.

JJ lightly shoved her shoulder to the point where she slowly started to wake up. "What?" she asked once she was fully awake and staring at JJ from below.

"We're all heading to bed," he answered her. She sighed and turned her body to the side, "Okay. I'll sleep here." she said and closed her eyes, way too tired to move.

"I will flip this hammock over," JJ said and with a groan, she sat up and glared at him. "Are you always this annoying?"

Groggily, she jumped off the hammock and went straight to the house without waiting for JJ. Once inside, she made her way to the living room that awaited a sleeping Pope on the couch. His feet were sprawled across the furniture and his mouth was slightly open.

With a huff, she pulled the blanket from under his feet and a pillow she found on the floor, placing the items on the ground to make a temporary bed.

"Yo, what are you doing?" She heard JJ whisper behind her. She turned around, "Going to bed?"

"On the floor?" he asked, scratching the back of his head. "Yeah... where else am I supposed to sleep?" she questioned but made sure her voice was low and quiet for the sleepy boy nearby.