20

——

——

Emelina sat on the edge of the hot tub with her toes in the water and JJ sat next to her, grabbing the wet blown up flamingo and shoving it in her face while making kissing noises.

She pushed the bird away from her and a small laugh escaped her lips. It was now morning and Pope and Kiara were setting things up for their departure down the well for later tonight.

She glanced at JJ and took in the sight in front of her. JJ sat there with his white tank top and shark tooth hanging around his neck, and his famous red cap on backward that held his hair back. He caught her eyes swooning all over him, and a grin appeared on his lips. She turned away.

"Where is this thing again?" Kiara said from behind. Emelina turned her head and found Kiara walking away toward Pope's truck. "It's in the front seat. You'll see it." Pope replied.

"Hey, Pope! Come here." JJ called out, leaning his body back to get a glimpse of his friend. Pope appeared from behind the trees and walked closer to the hot tub. "What?"

"Guess what?" JJ smirked when he looked at Emelina, and then brought his eyes back to Pope. Emelina furrowed his eyebrows, questioning to herself what he could be scheming. "What?" Pope asked again.

"Em kissed me last night," JJ told him.

"What?!"

"JJ!" Emelina glared at him and crossed her arms. "You know, some things are just meant to be only between us... And to correct you, you kissed me."

"Yeah, but you kissed me the first time," JJ said, his grin never leaving his lips.

"I'm sorry? You guys kissed twice?!" Pope asked, his eyes widened. Emelina shushed him, "Be quiet. Kie can't know about this."

Pope swallowed thickly, "What happened to our rule? No Pogue on Pogue macking?" he reminded them.

"Em's not even a real Pogue. It doesn't count." JJ tried to justify it.

"Emelina, can you get out of the hot tub real quick?" Pope asked her. She gave him a look of confusion but obliged nonetheless. She stood in front of him and waited for the next move.

Pope placed his hand on her shoulder then moved it onto the other one. "You are now a Pogue."

"What did you just do?" she questioned and heard JJ let out a snicker from behind. "Have you not seen Avengers: Infinity War?" Pope looked at her with wide eyes.

"Dude, you are so weird," JJ commented.

Pope sighed, "I guess I owe John B ten bucks."