16

——

——

Emelina sat in Twinkie as John B started to throw out random things off their checklist. She looked down at her black clothing that she borrowed from Kie since her quick bag of clothes didn't contain dark clothing.

"Let's go get rich, guys." JJ said and Kiara cheered, "Yeah. Hell, yeah."

John B started the open the slide door. "Go, boys." Sarah urged them and Kiara looked back at her, "And girls."

Once the door was open, John B told them to wait a moment and everyone put themselves in halt and looked at him for answers. "I wanna say thank you, guys. Seriously. It means a lot to me that you're here tonight."

Kiara rolled her eyes with a smile. "Always."

"Of course, man." Pope said and the two of them did a quick handshake. "My man." John B smiled. Emelina gave him a nod and squeezed his shoulder in comfort.

"All right, we done with the circle jerk? Can we go do this?" JJ looked at them all with a tied up rope hanging on his shoulder. Emelina looked at his blonde messy hair laid lazily on his head and her eyes traveled down to his rings on his fingers. "Yeah,"

"Let's get that wheat in the water." Pope said and hopped out of the van. "Weed? I'm up for weed." JJ raised his eyebrows. "Wheat. I said wheat." Pope corrected.

Emelina was the last to get off the van and with the help of JJ's holding hand, she jumped off in ease. "Thanks."

She ran up to Kiara and Sarah near the old stone wall they were at two days prior. "After you," Kiara said and motioned her hands outward. "Ladies first." Sarah remarked and Emelina led the group away. She climbed over the wall and jumped right back down on the other side.

Her flashlight trained itself to the floor, giving her better access as she guided her friends in the dark night. The stood in front of the Crain House, staring right at it. Until, the lights flickered on. "Shit!"

All of them cursed under their breaths and ran to the nearest bush to shield themselves from the light. "Flashlights!" Kiara panicked and the group quickly turned theirs off in a hurry.

"Shh," John B brought his finger to his lip to signal silence. "Okay." Pope took off his mask, "Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." he breathed out.

"We could, uh... move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggested. Emelina furrowed his eyebrows at him. "I don't think that's how it works, dumbass."

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." John B whispered. Pope gave him a look, "What?"

"That's a really good idea, actually. Let the axe murderer know that we're here." Kiara replied sarcastically. "Throw a rock at it?" Pope repeated with a judging tone.