45

——

——

Emelina stepped foot into her home, already kicking her shoes off as JJ stumbled in and did the same thing. He still seemed upset about what Plumb said to him, so she chose to take his mind off of things for a while. He just doesn't know it yet.

She asked him if he wanted to talk about his dad. He said no. She left it at that.

When she closed the front door, she turned around to see her petite maid walking into the foyer. Emelina smiled brightly, "Marilyn! This is JJ... the one I told you about."

JJ widened his eyes and stuck out his hand for her to shake. "Pleasure to meet you." he greeted, smiling with his protruding dimples.

Marilyn smiled sweetly, keeping quiet since she had a job to do. Emelina tucked a piece of her hair behind her ears before speaking, "Are you finished for the day?"

"No, Miss Emelina," she replied, raising the dust sweeper in her right hand.

Emelina shrugged, digging her hand in her purse to fetch out two one hundred dollar bills from her wallet before handing them to her maid. "Go treat yourself."

"But, Miss Eme—"

"I'll take care of it. My mother won't know a thing. I promise." she assured, opening the door and taking the dust sweeper from her hand. Truth is, she wanted the house to herself, and having her maid roam around the walls was not ideal at the moment.

The maid had no choice to obliged, and when Emelina closed the door, JJ was looking at her with confused eyes. "What was that?"

"What was what?" she asked innocently, hanging her purse on one of the hooks before grabbing his hand to lead him up the staircase.

"Do you always kick your maid out after giving them money...?" he asked suspiciously, letting her guide him through the hallway to her bedroom.

Questions. She always hears them when they're unwanted. Her mind was still clouded from the events of today that she had not registered that her previous actions were out of character.

She pushed him into her room and onto the edge of her bed. He was looking at her as if he was still waiting on an answer, but she wasn't thinking about it.

The sunglasses and headphones that were once in his hands, were now resting on her nightstand. Emelina walked back over to him, a small smile on her lips as she leaned down so close to his face that they were inches apart.

She brought him to her room. She brought him to her bed. JJ was well aware of what her intentions were, but he was not going to participate in her game just yet. "I'm waiting," he said.

He was leaning on the mattress with his two hands out behind him, so when she climbed on his lap to straddle him, she was disappointed that his hands remained still and her hips were painfully bare.