Chapter 22

Ella felt as if her lungs got knocked out as she kept breathing heavily. Her mind has gone spiral again. Her eyes were hollow along with her brain that she couldn't even hear the masked guy calling out her name.

"Ella? Ella!" He shouted, trying to get her to snap out of it by shaking her shoulders, leveling his eyes with hers. He waved a hand in front of her. He knew there's only one way to get her back, and that's by going into her brain. He knew he wasn't supposed to without permission unless it's an emergency, but if this isn't an emergency, then he doesn't know what it is.

Her mind was like a puzzle fogged with countless emotions spiraling about. If he didn't know her so well as he does, he wouldn't have been able to stand in there for more than a few minutes.

I need you to come back. If you don't, I might lose you. He transmits, hoping for some form of reply. He was starting to get anxious from the long silence before he felt a small whisper of a thought.

Why? Who are you?

He hesitated for a second, deciding whether to lie or be honest and reveal his identity

Why did you call me sis?... Are you...

He saw her mind change to the memory a few minutes ago, where he pulled her in his arms and told her "We have to go, sis." He silently cursed at himself for the slip-up.

I'll explain everything later, I promise. Can we first please get back? I don't think I can hold this up anymore.

Ella silently agreed and calmed her mind, so he could easily pull them both out of her consciousness and into reality. He let out a deep, exhausted sigh and crouched down on his knees, running a hand through his hair. The movement caused the hood of his jacket, which was covering his face from her to see, to fall back, revealing his bright brown eyes, he inherited from his mother.

"You..."

"Surprised?" He stood up, embracing his full height, a few inches taller than her, despite her being the older sister. Ella could believe her eyes, the very ones staring into the spitting image of their dad, excluding the eyes.

"Kenric!"

"In the flesh." He joked, snickered at her shocked expression.

"Does mom and dad know? How? Are... you? Where..." Ella stuttered, her mind spinning again. Today is not a good day for her mental and heart health. She was sure, she had enough heart attacks to last a lifetime.

"Calm down. No, mom and dad don't know. Mom would feed me to Verdi if she found out." He placed a comforting hand on her shoulders as she took deep breaths, trying to process all the information. Once she got her breathing on a moderate pace, she brushed off his hand and stepped back, wrapping her arms around herself.

"Only a few people know, including Asher."

"So what now?" She realized for the way he awkwardly rubbed his neck and kept on shuffling his feet, he couldn't tell her everything. They may have had their differences, all siblings do, but he is one of the few she truly trust. So she knew, he would tell her when the time is right.

Asher would too.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. My job was to sneak you out while Asher and the rest deal with inside work. I guess it was too 'dangerous' for me." He quoted it with his fingers and rolled his eyes, "I mean, mom and dad did it when they were my age, so why can't I?" He shook his head playfully.

Ella couldn't help but giggle at her brother's antics. He isn't usually this playful, normally it would be her saying all those things. It reminded her of their dad and how he would always know how to cheer them up, no matter the scenario.

"Thanks, Kenny." She tells him with a genuine grin, using the nickname she used when they were younger. He spread his arms out, motioning her to come closer, to which she gladly did, and hugged him. Their family hugs each other a lot.

"Let's get going. I have something to say to Asher for kissing my sister." Ella froze. For a moment there, she forgot everything that had happened earlier. Meeting her grandmother, finding out Asher and Knric is somehow involved with the Neverseen, and...

...the kiss.

Ella's face turned bright red, flustered. "How did... you—uh." She stuttered as the memories of Asher's soft pink lips came to mind, making the blush that was creeping up her neck even redder.

Kenric smirked, a smirk that could rival the very own Keefe Sencen, at her unsettled elder sister. He happened to come across the memories of them kissing when he was in her head. But instead of saying that, he shrugged and walked ahead.

After, finally, getting over the complete embarrassment, she teleported to him, since it was easier than actually walking.

"Ok, we need to go to a nearby cave. Can you teleport us there if I transmit a picture?" Ella nodded. Her teleporting skills have gotten better over the years, and she has found out that she was able to teleport quicker and farther than her mother, Sophie.

Kenric has also become the youngest elf to master both abilities as a Mesmer and Telepath at such a young age. But they again, how can anyone be surprised. They are both the offspring of the one and only saviors of the Lost Cities: Sophie and Keefe. It would be no surprise that their children would be even more powerful.

Ella took Kenric's hand and closed her eyes, playing the image of the cave in her head. The cave was as beautiful as the one they go with their friends, with is shimmering crystals hanging from the ceiling creating an illusion as if they were moving with each step you take.

She focused on the image, pulling them into a void first. The void started to sort itself, presenting a clear result of the cave. She pushes forward and teleports them to the location.

"Let's go."

Hi, ya'll,

I haven't updated in more than a month, so I apologize for that. This is a short chapter but I wanted to show the strong brother-sister relationship Ella and Kenric have. I'll try to make the next one longer.

Updates will be slower since I'm currently working on my new novel, Escaping the Game. Check it out, if you have a chance. So I might only upload once a month, maybe two.

It's almost been a whole year since I first started this fanfiction on Wattpad, then on Quotev. I am so happy for all the love it received. Thank you all so much for sticking with me and the book for the past year. I would have never thought any of my works would exceed 100 views, but because of you all, it has and I am utterly grateful. You have helped me as a writer and a teenager, who is just figuring out herself, to grow.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read, vote/heart, and comment, on this fanfiction, as well as, my other works!!!!😍😘🤩🥳💕💕💕💕💕

-Love Malina