Chapter 8

Sophie placed the plates around the table with each plate filled with food from the Forbidden Cities. Such as scrambled eggs and french toast along with a glass of orange juice. Sophie was in the Forbidden Cites a few hours ago due to her weekly visits to Amy's so she decided to make one of her favorite human breakfasts.

 Amy now has grown up and married with an 8-year-old boy.  She got married to a man she met in college who is a year older than her. She now is a very successful doctor while her husband is a lawyer. Their parents or in Sophie's case, her human parents, were still living as they were before without the slightest knowledge of Elves or the Lost Cities. Amy's son is named David after his grandfather. He's a wild one; always finding new ways to get into trouble. It drives Amy crazy to the point Sophie has to come and help her calm down.

Sophie was brought back from her thoughts when she heard footsteps thudding down the stairs. Kenric came across the kitchen with Calla in Keefe's arms right behind him. They all greeted with a quick ' morning' along with a kiss and sat down to eat. Ella was at the Songs house in a sleepover with Alisa. Keefe set Calla down before coming over next to her and wrapping an arm around her waist to pull her in and kiss her temple.

" How was Amy?"

" She great. David got in trouble again and got ground for a month. Seriously, I'd even say he's as bad as our kids." Sophie tells him while shaking her head.

Keefe lets out a laugh and smirks, looking at their kids eat, " Oh c'mon, Foster, you know we're the best." 

" Sure, the best at getting in trouble." Sophie rolled her eyes at him.

Her eyes drift from him to see Calla whining at Kenric who took a bite of her toast when she wasn't looking with a smirk that easily matched his fathers'.

~~~~~~~~

Ella felt someone furiously shaking her. She groaned and tumbled toward the side, pulling her cover higher.

She heard someone let out a frustrated groan and continued to shake her. " Wake up, Ella!" After a few more tries, Alisa gave up before her head lite up with an idea. Alisa leaned closer to Ella's ear and yelled quieter than she was before.  " Wake up, Lia"

Ella jerked awake with widened eyes, she looked both sides of her best friend's room looking for a certain Song before her eyes set on Alisa's figure. Alisa was hunched over laughing hysterically. " O my gosh! That... was hi-... hilarious," she wheezed out after she each laugh. Ella rolled her eyes and playfully nudged her best friend.

" You're the worst!", Ella muttered before getting up to Alisa's bathroom to freshen up.

" Love you too," Alisa screamed after her.

Letting the warm water calm her, she brushed her teeth and wrapped a towel before opening the bathroom door.

 " Hey, Alisa, can I borrow some of your clothes?" She asked, going in a beeline straight toward the walk-in closet. But when she looked back, she saw Alisa was nowhere to be seen. Thinking nothing of it, she shrugged it off and went to raid her best friend's closet, which seemed to look a lot like her mother's.

After putting on a baby blue tunic with gold embroidery along with a pair of leggings, Ella went to groom her blonde locks, making sure it looks perfect, before heading downstairs for something to fill her growling stomach. The Song family was all around the kitchen. Biana was setting the table while Tam and Asher brought the food. Ella sat in the empty chair across Alisa who was on her imparter. Ella felt a little tap on her arm. When she looked down, she met with an adorable pair of grey eyes with teal tints. She felt her lips stretch into a smile as she let out her arms to carry him up and sit him on her lap.

" Morning, Blakey!" Ella saw him smile before moving his eyes toward his hand which was now vanished. her eyes widened before flashing him a grin. Biana then came over and took over. Just like that, breakfast started.

" So I heard about you and Asher..." Biana sheepishly started. Ella's eyes widened and her cheeks heated up. Over the counter, Asher choked on his drink, slipping it. Biana laughed finding this very amusing with Alisa joining soon later. Both Asher and Ella glared at Alisa who wore no trace of remorse. 

" What?" Tam shrieked. " What about you two?" Asher looked away, leaving Ella to reply to the whole Song family who all looked at her expectantly.

" Uh... well-" Ella was stopped at a ringing noise. Everyone's eyes went to Alisa's imparter. Ella and Asher drew out a breath of relief. Peering over Alisa's shoulder since he was right behind her, Tam looked at the caller. His expression changed with confusion, " Cyrus?"

Alisa's face lite up at his name before dropping. She got caught. Alisa nervously laughed and came across to me. She grasped my arm and bolted through the door dragging me with her. " Teleport Now!"

Ella scoffed at her and teleported to Foxfire, focusing on a void and making it through. She made sure to let her Alisa know she owes her.

Once they set foot at the school, Alisa scurried away saying something about meeting someone. Ella shrugged it off and went to her locker. She licked her lock which tasted a mix of flower petals and grass. She scrunched her nose in distaste. Who knew grass and petals could taste this bad together. At least it's better than last week where it was gulon fart. That was the worst thing a tongue could ever lick.

Ella opened the door up to get her books when a piece of paper fluttered down to her hand. She looked at the piece of paper puzzled. She unfolded it and read the big bold letters.

' With time, comes destruction, Mini Moonlark'

Ella's eyes turned wide into saucers. Was this a prank?

She spun around to see the hallway filled with students, but none of them looked suspicious. Ella bit her lip, worried.

' Was she in danger?'

' How about her family, her friends?'

Millions of thoughts ran in and out of her head at that moment. But before she could decide on anything, the bell rang. Ella jumped at the sudden blaring noise. She quickly stuffed the note in one of the pockets in her cape. Thank god Flori sewed on pockets for everyone's cape at Sophie's request.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was it? Drama is coming up along with tons of riddles and secrets. Let's just see if the gang knows who to trust!

What did you think when Ella got the letter?  What about Amy? Should I add her to our new generation of mysteries? Also, what's going on with Alisa and Cyrus?

Some of you guys commented on what Asher and Ella's ship name should be. Give MissSophieChase and Lunarlemon a big warm thanks for coming up with the following ship names. Thank you guys so much, I really appreciate it and I'm really glad you guys love the characters as much as I do! 

Comment which ship name should be the official name. This poll only lasts for the time until I post the next chapter, which should be around next Thursday, so please comment down your pick. I'll be updating mostly every Thursday, but if I'm able to get it more done, I'll definitely post more earlier.

1) Ashlia

2) Ashlla

3)Asha

4) Eller

5) Ellsher

- Love Malina