Chapter 23

Seconds after Ella and Kenric light-leaped, Asher was face to face with a group of Neverseen members with only his thin barrier, just strong enough to block weak attacks, in between.

He recognized one member from when GB introduced them, the girl with bright red hair with a single streak of black and navy blue eyes. From what Asher could remember, she was around Kenric's age and a pyrokinetic. Her control over her ability exceeds the power of both Fintan and Brant combined proving herself to be one of the most dangerous Neverseen members. Asher didn't know the reason behind her being a part of the Neverseen and he hasn't been acquainted with her enough to ask.

It wasn't her looks he recognized her for but more of the color of her flame that burned in her hand. It was shifting from blue to green in color. A blue flame is known to be hotter than a normal red flame. It was just burning in her hand, not doing any damage. She stood behind, near the passageway, while the rest aimed attacks at him.

All of a sudden the room fogged, masking his vision. His barrier weakened as he was cut off guard, giving the perfect chance to whoever pulled his arm.

"Ah-." His mouth was shut by a firm hand. He tried to struggle against the hold and stopped when he heard a familiar voice.

"Stop struggling lover boy." Only one person has ever called him lover boy and that is Rafael. Asher thought it was ironic when GB had Rafael wrapped around her finger. He choked back a laugh.

He was freed a minute later to find himself in another room. He assumed it's someone's sleeping chamber from the two beds on either side of the room, looking similar to the one he and Rafael shared for certain nights his missions would take longer to which he would tell his parents that he was sleeping over with a friend, which itself wasn't an entirely a lie. He did consider Rafael as a good friend.

"Did they go?"

Huh? Oh, he's talking about Ella and Kenric. "Yeah. Not long till we get the okay to demolish this place."

Rafael smirked at his comment. "We're in GB and Loopsy's room. They're distracting the elders and making sure everything is in place before coming to meet us here."

"Loopsy?"

"Oh, she's the girl GB introduced once, the one with red hair and a pyrokinetic. Loopsy is my nickname for her. Louisianne is her real name or Sia for short. She's my cousin I think." Asher laughed, leave it to Rafael to not even know his own family tree.

"Your girlfriend gone?" Particles formed into one in the form of GB with Louisianne following close behind.

"My girlfriend? She's not my girlfriend." GB rose one of her eyebrows while Rafael snorted.

"Really?" She went toward her bed to kneel. "Then how come we caught you making out with the poor girl when you were supposed to be bringing her to her brother?" She bent down to grab and a small box with multiple pocket bags, leaving Asher as a blushing mess and Rafael laughing so hard he fell off GB's bed. Louisianne rolled her eyes and continued to weave her long red hair into a braid, making sure the black streak on one of the front strands is visible for all eyes.

"Enough of idle chatter. We have a hideout to blow up."

Asher laughed, "That's one way to put it. Everything ready for?" Rafael saluted with an 'eye' 'eye'.

The other three looked at him weirdly. Rafael rolled his eyes, "It's from a film from the forbidden cities. Jeez, I'm stuck with the lamest people ever." he mummer the last bit to himself, not wanting to get beaten up by the two ladies in the room who still had their eyebrows raised at him.

"Can we get going?" Louisianne, Sia, asked, talking for the first time since Asher has been a part of Neverseen as an undercover.

"Yeah, but take one of these first." She passed them all the pocket bags from the box. "They're disguise stones. There should be two in each pouch so don't waste them. If we are ever in a position where we might get caught, these should help. Its power is based on how strong the user is. "

Asher weighed the small bag in his hand to find it very light. "These should come in handy, nice thinking GB." She huffed proudly.

"Can we get going? I want some custardburst afterward." Sia said in a deadpanned voice, asking for the second time. Three raised eyebrows were sent at her for her nonchalant statement of craving custard bursts before blowing up a cave into flames.

GB simply shook her head while Rafael snickered before commenting. "I don't know how I'm related to you." Sia rolled her eyes, choosing to ignore him, and turned to the door after tucking the small bag of disguise stones safely in one of her cape pockets.

Just then GB's imparter rang. "It's Father. It's time." They all made eye contact for a moment before Sia and Rafael headed out first leaving Asher with GB. They agreed to split into two teams, Rafael with Sia and Asher with GB in case the fire gets out of control, Asher would be able to protect himself and GB.

Sia and Rafael headed into the main hallway, trying to stay unnoticed by anyone till they reached their target zone. Which appeared to be easier said than done. Neverseen guards stood on every corridor, and turn. Lined up in the hallways too. The two shared a nervous glance as they walked through the hall with goblin and ogre guards eyeing their every step.

They had to get into the main room before getting caught. But alas two 6-foot guards stood guard in front of the door to the room.

"May we enter?"

"Name?" The guard asked in a harsh tone.

"Louisianne and Rafael." One of the guards peeked through the door before they opened the door wide for the nervous pair.

"What do you two want?" someone asked in the room. Sia couldn't tell who by his voice only since more than half the people in the room had hoods over their heads, masking their faces.

"The blondie disappeared. She left something behind and we were told to get Gethen and Lady Gisela." Sia replied in her usual sassy voice.

"Is that so?" Rafael nodded at Gisela who motioned to a few who then left the room. The two waited for Gisela and Gethen to follow, but they didn't move a step. Lady Gisela had a smirk on her face, "What little liars you two brats are! Think we wouldn't realize your plan. I knew everything that happened with that granddaughter of mine."

Rafael and Lia panicked. They had to do the one thing they can.

It's now or never!

Hi guys, It's been quite a while hasn't it? I'm sorry I took so long to update. I have been procrastinating this whole summer, hopefully, I'll be more on time when school starts, but who knows. Anyways, what do you think about the chapter?

Comment, Vote/Heart, and Share!!

—LOVE MALINA <3