Chapter 12

Flipping through books she found in her parents' library, Ella wrote down every detail of information she could find about the Neverseen. Ella had asked both Alisa and Asher to help sneak into the restricted area in the library at Roseferry by combing their abilities so there couldn't be seen. Sophie had told her not to ever go in there, telling her that it was confidential information.

It's been more than a decade since they fought. Ella was only able to get little news about Lady Gisela's escape and the Neverseen's whereabouts from her parents. She wasn't able to ask more, in case they get suspicious. That is if they haven't already. Using her inflicting ability, Ella was able to control her emotions, so if Keefe looked into her emotions, he couldn't exactly feel how nervous Ella was.

Ella was pulled from her trance when a knock echoed her room. She twisted around her chair to look at her door on the opposite of the room.

" Come in." She shouted to whoever was on the other side of her door. Her door slowly opened, to reveal Issac and Asher. " Hey, Guys. What's up?" Ella closed her books and stood up, walking over to sit down on her bed.

" Hey." Both boys greeted. Issac walked and took Ella's previous spot and sat on her desk chair, while Asher closed the door and stood at the foot of her bed.

" We're here to pick you and Kenric up," Asher told her.

Issac's eyes glanced over to her books that were scattered on top of her desk. " You've been busy. Any leads?"

Ella nibbled on her lower lip and shook her head, " Nothing. My parents didn't tell me anything useful."

" Neither did ours," Asher spoke, with his arms crossed and leaning on the frame of the bed. " But something is definitely wrong."

Ella tilted her head toward him, " What makes you say that?"

" Well, for starters, my mom ignored eye contact with us the minute after we asked about it and my dad became really defensive."

Issac nodded his head, too," Same, my dad got really angry. Mom abruptly left dinner." He ran a hand through his dark hair. " There's definitely something, their not telling us. We just need to find what."

" That reminds me, I need to talk to Kenric." Asher unwrapped his arms to his side.

" What for?" Ella asked.

Asher hesitated before answering, " Nothing big, I- uh- just need to ask him a favor." Asher could tell, she was still suspicious, but she let it go. he took the chance and left the room to the one across the hall that belongs to Kenric.

Ella's eyes lingered at the door a few more seconds, before falling back on her bed, letting out an exhausted sigh. Ella heard Issac shuffling through her pages, while she pondered. Though, that didn't last long when she heard a small gasp. Sitting up, Ella looked up to see a sealed envelope in Issac's hands.

Ella furrowed her brows, confused; she got up and walked closer to him. His eyes stared at the mysterious envelope that Ella had no clue where it came from. " What is that?"

" An envelope." Ella shot a look at him.

" From who?"

Issac shrugged, his fingers tightly grasping the corners of the plain, white envelope. " No name, nothing."

Ella reached a hand to take the envelope from his hands and grasp it in her own. She studied it, noticing he was right, that there was no name or any form of contact. Flipping it over to see the line, the seal, the only thing stopping her from knowing what lies in between these two pieces of paper.