Chapter 10

Asher kept asking questions while Ella dragged him without speaking a word. She instead debated if telling him about the note was a good idea or not. Ella and Asher went to a deep corner in the library, away from nosey prodigies. Most of them should be at the study hall or in their classes, so they weren't much of Ella's concerns. Despite that, she still asked if Asher could form a barrier around them using his ability. They were crammed next to each other because of the small space left between the two bookshelves. She pushed away from her thoughts when Asher spoke up.

" Jeez Lia, You practically kidnapped me." He teased while folding up the sleeves of his tunic.

" Oh please." Ella rolled her eyes even though a smile crept up her face. " Anyways, I need to tell you something, but you can't tell anyone."

Once the words left her mouth, his smug look fell and met her deep icy blue orbs with his teal ones that looked darker- grayer- than usual. " Why? Are you hurt?"

Ella smiled and shook her head. " No, at least not yet." Her voice lowered at the end. Asher stared at her, his lips pressed together, trying to figure out what she meant by that.

" I got a note and I think it's from the Neverseen." Asher's eye's widened and he stepped forward, while still having a good enough distance separating them. Ella could smell his familiar cologne from where he stood.

" What did it say?" He asked, lightly squeezing her shoulder. Ella reached into her cape pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper, folded. The Neverseen symbol showed up once she unfolded it. Ella flipped it over to let him see the bold writing. Asher glanced over at her before reading it.

' With time, comes destruction, Offspring of the great heroes '

* I change the note because I thought this might make more sense.*(A/N)

Asher read the words out loud and again in his mind before looking up to see Ella facing down while bitting down her lower lip and messing with the corner of the note. Something she does when she's nervous. Anyone would be too if they were in her position. Imagine getting suspicious notes from your parents' enemies who probably came back for revenge.

" Lia." Ella looked up to see Asher, his jaw clenched and hands rolled into fists, but his eye's remained calm and collected.

" Hmm?" I mummed in response.

" We should tell the others." Ella perked up at his words and started to protest.

" But Asher, what if-"

" They need to know, Lia. It involves them too." That's when she remembered the talk they all had. Each one of their parents fought and defeated this so-called evil group, Neverseen, and what else does every villain want when they get beaten. Revenge and Vengence. That's right, and what's the easiest and most heart-breaking way to get to their parents? Is by using their beloved children. What other possible reason would they send her the note then?

" Fine. I'll text them to meet us at my house. My parents are going to grandma, Edaline, and grandpa's, Grady, house. We're having a family dinner, but it'll give us enough time to tell the others without any adults finding out."

Asher thought it all over and finally agreed. Once everything was set, the pair were reminded that they were still in school; so they both rushed to get their belongings and started to separated ways into the halls. Asher told Ella to call him if anything happens. Ella assured him she was going to be fine but was made to promise, nevertheless.

" I'll see you later, Lia."

Ella nodded, excited to the fact that it was Conciloour Bronte's session and not her mother's today. For the day she had, Ella needed a bit of mischief. Seeing the smirk that was drawing on Ella's face, Asher shook his head.