Chapter 6

She couldn't take it anymore. Why did her life have to be so dangerous? She dragged all her friends then, and now she's putting her own kids in danger! Why couldn't she have been a normal girl? With a normal life?

" Because your not normal, Sophie." Did she say all that out loud?

She turns around to face a handsome blonde-haired and icy blue-eyed man. Those deep, dark icy blue eye eld so much pain and grief that no should have faced. They held a sad past and a deeper secret. If she looked at them like she did at first, she would have never noticed how much he was suffering all alone. But the most heartbreaking thing was, he never lets his past affect his warming personality and the people around him. He wanted a different future than his parents; he wanted to make a change and be himself.

Sophie's face softened at the sight of him, but looked away and turned back to the beautiful lake. She heard him shuffle over closer and his presence brought warmth as he came closer. He laid a hand on her shoulder to which Sophie hitched a breath. His touch was comforting and made her feel safe. 

He swiftly turned her over and pulled her face by her chin ton look at him directly. " It's not your fault, Foster. We chose to help you. Plus, It's as much as my fault as you think it is yours." He gave her a slight smirk, that made Sophie smile.

He somehow always knew what you say or do when she was upset. It honestly surprised, maybe even frightened her when she first realized how well he knew her. They have been through a lot that people would think is unusual or unbelievable. That's when Sophie realized, they survived so much and it was because they ad each other even if it meant practically have too many near-death experiences that should last for a lifetime. She suddenly giggled at her own thoughts.

Sophie opened her eyes to see Keefe looking at her weirdly with an eyebrow raised up. " You good there, Foster? That was some emotions I felt." This made Sophie laugh, " Yeah, I'm just fine."

The thing was, she wasn't fine, but no one knew. Her mind would always go to the horrible nightmares and memories that had her scared to death way too many times for her liking. The haunting voices kept murmuring the same thing that always seemed to leave her in tears. She couldn't tell anyone, because if she did... she would have to face it as a reality.

Keefe knitted in eyebrows, observing Sophie. He knew something was wrong but didn't know what it was. Sophie sends him a small smile that didn't look quite convincing. He didn't push her to tell him, knowing that could only make things worse. So he just wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to his chest, and kissed her softly on the forehead.

Little did they know... someone was watching them from nearby......

Unknow POV:

"Hurry up, before one of them notice us."

" Coming! Geez, and I thought the mind-reading guy was bossy," mumbled a deep voice.

The other person just rolled their eyes and retorted back, " Oh, please. My dad is just too laid back on the past."

" Remind me why I agreed to you?"

" You tell me. Anyways, look." the person pointed ahead with a wicked grin.

====

Hi, ya'll,

From my previous poll, most of you guys picked B: A long chapter. I know this was really short, but I had trouble adding more to it. To make up for this short chapter the next chapter will be long, just like I promised. I have exams next week, but once summer starts after the next to weeks, for me at least. I'll be able to update even more.

Even if this chapter was short, it's really important to the storyline.

Please tell me your thoughts on who was spying on them. Oh, and who could the two new mysterious characters be?

- Love Malina