𝑅𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑓

After I got my nut, he got up and pecked my lips.

"Imma be at the stu ight? I'll meet you at the airport. I love you." he stared at me then started to frown. I know he was waiting for me to say it back. I almost couldn't bring myself to say it. Did I really love him?

"I love you too."

I went back in the shower to clean up. I did my skin routine, got dressed in something comfy and checked my phone. I realized I have a message from my best friend, Shawn.

I met Rashaun when we were in high school. I was a freshman when he was a junior. He got injured during his first basketball game of the season. He was out on injury for the rest of the season. We would talk from time to time while we were watching games and he would explain what was going to me. After the finals, he gave me his number so we "could be more than basketball buddies." Our bond grew overtime. We became really good friends and would spend a lot of time together until he graduated. He went off to UCLA to play college ball and eventually ended up on the Nuggets. I was so proud of him when I heard the news. I'm glad we never lost touch.

Basketball Buddy 💙: yurrrrrrrrrr

Me: wassup shawnnnn

Basketball Buddy 💙: I just got done with practice. how you living?

Me: I'm chillin, bouta make some breakfast

Basketball Buddy 💙: Ma'am. It's almost 12 💀

Me: boy bye 🙄🤣

Basketball Buddy 💙: you a mess. 🤣 You sliding with T tomorrow?

Shawn booked Tez for his birthday party. I was excited to see Shawn again. It had been so long. I hadn't seen him since I went off with his family to take him to college.

Me: you already knowwww. Gina is coming too. Our flight leaves at 5 today.

Basketball Buddy 💙: Bett lemme treat y'all to some lunch when y'all get here. I'll let my people pick yall up

Me: say lesss.

Basketball Buddy 💙: purrr 💅🏽

Me: you aggy 🙄

Basketball Buddy 💙: crazy how idc 😧😳

Me: Bye ✋🏾

Basketball Buddy 💙: luv you too. Hmu when you about to takeoff so I can send someone for y'all

Me: bet