𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑔𝑛𝑎𝑛𝑡

I smiled at my phone as I turned it off. I went downstairs and made myself some fried potatoes with cheese, sausage, and eggs. Just when I was about to finish, the doorbell rang.

"Open up bitchhhhh!" she sang.

"Girl hush, I'm coming." I said back.

I met my other best friend Gina when we were in middle school. She came to my school in 7th grade. We clicked instantly and have been inseparable ever since. She knew Shawn but they weren't as close as him and I are. She was coming along for the trip with us.

I gave her a hug as quickly as I can trying to hide my bruise from earlier.

"Girl you came just in time. Get yourself a plate."

I said. I almost thought I got away with it until I tried to let go of her. She held me tight and positioned me right in front of her.

"Ché what the fuck?" she asked seriously.

"What?" I retorted pulling away from her.

"Ché I swear to god imma get my niggas to fuck his bitch ass up one day. Why do you keep letting him do this?" she said almost on the verge of tears.

"I can handle my shit Gi. Besides, we got a little rough in the bedroom last night." I lied.

She took a deep breath, "Imma drop it before I get mad." She embraced me again and whispered that she loved me. I said it back without hesitation.

We ate and then headed to my room to pack. Tez was only staying for two days but Gi and I were staying there for a week.

Around 2 p.m. I hopped in the shower again to get ready for the flight. I did a natural makeup look which luckily covered my bruise. My face was still a bit swollen though. Gi and I got in her car and headed to the airport. I decided to call Shawn to let him know we were on the way to the airport.

Shawn: Yooo

Me: Wassup friend. We on the way to the airport

Shawn: Damn you must really wanna see me

Me: Boy you know I always try to get to the airport early ever since that trip to Paris.

Shawn: Nobody told you to have to piss when you were running late for a flight.

Me: Sorry? Was I the one who delayed the layover flight? Goofy.

Shawn: Yeah you was. I remember you telling them to make that hoe late as fuck

Me: Boy bye that's ugly as fuck

Shawn: Cap

Me: Manee we're at the airport. I'll see you when I see you. Where you taking us for dinner?

Shawn: Issa suprise

Me: Don't do nothing too crazy na' cause I'm paying.

Shawn: No the fuck you aint.

Me: I'm not finna argue.

Shawn: Nah aint no wa-

Me: See you later bestieee

Shawn: Girl stop playin wi-

Me: Love you byeeeee

Gi parked her car and we checked in. Tez was talking to his boys then he noticed me. He stared at me while he smiled and bit his lips. He looked at me like he was in love with me. Like he would never do me wrong. The same way he looked at me the first time we met.