𝐶𝑜𝑝𝑒 (𝐹𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘)

Shawn

I woke up to my high school basketball group chat going wild. They seemed to be talking about their new Centre, Tahj Micheals.

Tim: Coach ya team captain was gettin sinful last night.

Tahj: man why y'all talk so much 😐

Coach C: oh really?

Jason: yup we might be gettin a Tahj Jr. in a couple months

Coach C: who's the "lucky" girl?

Tahj: nobody coach they trippin

Jason: nahh it's Ché

Coach C: That fat girl? 🤔

Tim: 😂😂😂 yeah

Tahj: y'all chill out man damn. And we didn't even have sex asshole

Heated was an understatement. Yeah I was upset at Tahj for messing with her, mad as fuck actually, but coach calling her fat was way outta pocket.

I went on Snapchat and looked at her story. Nothing incriminating there, though I did see him in one video with her and Gia.

"The fuck he lookin at her like dat for?" I asked myself while watching the video.

I kissed my teeth then searched for his story. He only had a picture of himself then a boomerang of their shoes.

"Lame." I said bitterly while rolling my eyes. I then giggled, remembering the time me and Ché did the exact same thing.

I went and checked Gia's story and that's when I saw it.

"Get it bitch!" and "YESSS! ITS GIVING SEX!!!" repeated as I replayed the video over and over again. I was hurt to say the least.
Maybe even a little jealous. I can't lie and say the way she was moving didn't entice me. A nigga might have wanted a piece, but I was still mad.

————————

It had been a month since I tripped out on her and found out she was fucking with Tahj. Me and Ché still weren't in contact. She removed me off of all her private stories so I returned the favor I didn't even view her regular stories. Did I make a burner account to watch them? That's not important.

Her birthday was today and I couldn't help but feel like a shitty person. I already made up my mind that I wasn't gonna get her anything or even text her.

We had morning practice that day so I was up early as hell. I met James and Jay in the locker room and dapped them up before I went on my own little corner.

"Ay who that was you posted this morning?" Jay asked.

I barely heard him since I was so far away from them. Something told me to listen to the conversation so I paused my music.

"Das my lil friend. Why?"

"She bad as hell man. As she got a body-ody? Mmmm."

"Who the hell he talkin about?" I thought to myself. I checked his story and my blood boiled.

He was posting pictures of her that he been in my camera roll for months- years even. And some ones I'd never seen. I was mad, jealous, but mostly hurt. I was missing out on memories with her because of him.

"She 17 weirdo."

"And?" Jay shot back. "I'm 19. Only two years that ain't nothin."

Ché

At midnight I got a few birthday messages and a couple paragraphs from close friends including Tahj. I didn't expect to see anything from Shawn but it still hurt. For the past couple years he'd send his paragraph at 11:59:59 on the dot, even if we were on a call.

I knew what happened between us wasn't my fault but I still felt a little guilty. I had accepted that this was how our friendship was gonna end the moment I saw him on a call with that witch.

"Hellooo?? You deaf or somethin?" James joked to me.

We had became really good friends since I messaged him back that faithful night. We were cool and getting closer. Not no demon time shit cause I was 17 and he was 20. I can't lie and say I wish there was tho.

"My bad I was thinking about something. What you said?"

"I saidddd... send me something to post."

"Boy, why?"

"Damn I can't show off my friend?" He said pouting.

"Ugh, whateva." I said looking for an acceptable photo.

"Send a lot cause I needa let people know you not a gremlin after I post these ugly pictures."

"Play with ya life if you want to." I said after a short laugh.

"What you gon do? Bite my knee?" He said then busted out laughing.

"Fuck you. My draco 6'10."

"You even know how a draco look?" He said as I got a notification

jameshall34 mentioned you in their story.

"James I'll beat yo ass for real."

"I love you too."

"Okay this one ain't so bad." I said tapping through his story. "Mmmm okay you doi- JAMES ELIJAH HALL!" I said as he laughed hard through the phone.

"I'll deadass block you delete this." I fussed referring to a photo I sent to him when I had JUST woken up one morning. Those were my favorite types of pictures to send to my friends. I knew it would come to bite me in the ass one day.

"You gon be just fine." He chuckled.

"Fuck you." I spat playfully.

"Watch ya lil mouth before you get snatched up." He said lowly. I don't know why, but it got me... excited. Damn was I that touch deprived?

"Please, you not gon do shit." I scoffed back playfully.

"Mhm ain't we comin to ya city next month?" He asked smirking.

"Yeah, and what about it?"

"We gon see."

I let out a short laugh. "You gon be too excited to see me to do shit."

"Yeah yeah whateva."

The day had ended and no text from Shawn had come through. "Damn..." I thought to myself. I was hurt, disappointed, and sad. At least I could look forward to James coming next month.

HEYYY! I'm sorry this flashback is going on for so long but I'm about to wrap it up in the next chapter. It might be long as hell but ion really care.
And we almost at 100 votes. It may not seem like a lot but I appreciate it greatly.
Have an amazing day.