Chapter 23

Shawn

"Ay wassup." I said to Stick as we dapped eachother up.

As promised, the following morning I stopped by his shop to pick up the stuff for Ché.

"Wassam bro?" He returned the greeting.

"I'm jus' here for Ché's shit."

"Ight gimme a sec." He said going to the back.

He took about a minute before he came back with a mini briefcase.

"I hooked shawty up. Put a tray, a couple lighters, papers, grabba. I put an extra eighth a dat foreign in there too." He explained proudly.

Shawn raised his eyebrows.

"Damn you really did hook her up. How much she owe you?" I said pulling out his wallet.

"Mann nothin, it's on me." He said pushing my hand down. "I enjoyed her company last night and I just wanted to be extra and show my appreciation."

"Ight bro." I said ready to end the conversation. "Imma catch you."

Ché

"Bitch imma lose my fuckin mind if this nigga don't hurry the fuck uppppp." I complained as Gia gave me a massage.

"Shit, you think it's you. Ughhhh." She added. "I thought he was on the way?"

"Stick said he already went for it." I said rolling my eyes and checking the message.

Coincidentally, as Gia was about to speak again we heard the front door open. I sprinted to the door and grabbed the briefcase that Stick showed me out of Shawn's hand before tightly hugging him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you." I said squeezing his waist and rocking side to side with him eagerly.

"Girl gimme the fuckin' bagggg." Gia said taking it out of my hand. "Lemme start rollin'."

"Outside when y'all smoke dat shit please."

An Hour Later

"Gi..." I whispered.

She was knocked out. I was bored and hungry again.

I made my way to Shawn's fridge and spotted some sushi. I did a little happy dance and started eating as I walked around looking for him.

"Shawnyyyyy." I sang out.

A faint "Yo." came from a distance.

"I gotta ecolocate this nigga." I sighed to myself before laughing hysterically.

"ECHOOOOO." I screamed.

"Ché what are you doing?" He chuckled stepping in front of me.

I rolled my eyes, "Echolocation, duh."

"Why you eating my shit?" He said taking a piece and plopping it in his mouth.

I stared at him, mouth agape, feelings hurt.

"You really just snatched it like that?" I whined.

He picked up another one and fed it to me, instantly changing my mood. He nodded as I smiled.

After about an hour, he was showered and we were chilling in his game room.

"I think I wanna move here."

Shawn

"Das the weed talkin." I chuckled.

She stood up, walked over to me, and sat beside me.

"I'm serious. I was only in the A cause of..." she paused.

"Yeah." I said nodding.

"Like I love the city, but I need a break." She shrugged. "And I'd get to see you more often. I be missing you." She said softly slapping my face.

I pushed her shoulder, "I know."

We stared into each others eyes with blank expressions.

"I missed you so much."

Comfortable silence consumed the room as we stared...

And stared...

And stared at eachother.

"I need this woman." I thought to myself.

"Huh?" She questioned, tilting her head to the side.

My eyes widened as I mentally cussed myself.

Suddenly, her phone rang, saving my ass.

"Bitch I'm hungryyyyy. Where y'all is?" Gia groaned.

Ché looked up at me.

"I'll take y'all for some food."