Chapter 24

Ché

"How you feeling about going back?" Shawn asked looking at me.

Gia was knocked out in the back seat of the car as Shawn and I spoke.

I let out a heavy sigh, "I'm nervous. Maybe a lil scared even." I admitted.

"Gi's brother said he would be with me while I went to get my things but... Ion know, I'm still nervous."

"You want me to go with you?" He asked.

I shook my head, "You be busy."

"I'll make time for you. You know that." He assured. "The people I love come before all this basketball stuff."

I blushed and my heart raced.

"You sure?"

He passed me his phone, "Text 'Jamal' and tell him I need a flight for 3 to ATL for tomorrow."

"For three?"

"Y'all riding with me and I'll just reimburse y'all for the original tickets." He said pulling up his driveway.

"You don't gotta pay us-"

"We both know imma do it anyway." He interrupted, playfully pinching my lips together.

I glared at him, which made him laugh.

When we got back to the house, I woke Gia up and she made a beeline to one of Shawn's guest bedrooms.

"That girl loves to sleep." I chuckled, following him to his master bedroom.

"I'm bouta sleep good as fuck in this bed." I said, stretching.

"How you gon come to my house and take my bed."

"I mean I guess you can sleep on it too if you wanna take a nap." I took off my slides and hopped on his bed, cuddling up with the comforter.

"I mean I guess you ca-" he mocked, taking his shoes and shirt off. "Move over."

I patted the bed on the space that I freed up.

"And don't be snoring in my ear." He added.

"I don't be snoring."

Shawn

"Who don't be snoring? Big headed ass."

I was showing her the video I recorded of her taking a nap the day before.

"That ain't even me for real." She said zipping up her suitcase.

"Mhmmm." I dragged, taking the bag from her and walking towards the jeep.

"You sure you can take this trip?" She asked following me.

"Yes ma'am." I assured. "I already let coach know I'm takin a couple days off and I'll be in the gym while I'm gone."

She hugged him, "Thank you for this."

"You don't needa thank me."

"You know imma do it anyway."

Gia cleared her throat, interrupting our moment.

"Alright let's go."

Gia

Message from Bruno
"Please call me."

He really had some fucking nerve.

Almost 200 missed calls and hundreds of texts.