𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑎𝑝𝑦

Ché

A couple days passed. I had taken a pregnancy test, and thankfully it came out negative. Gia and I still had a few days left in Denver. Shawn invited Gia and I to stay with him for the remainder of the trip instead of staying at the hotel. We'd been inside the while time.
He had a lot of things to do at his place, but I felt like I was going crazy.

I went to Shawn's room and shook him until he got up.

"Hm?" He said in his sleepy voice.

"I'm bored." I whined.

"What you want me to do bout that?" He mumbled.

"Let's go for food or something."

"Go to sleep Ché-Marie."

I scoffed. "Why you calling my government like you know me?"

He started loudly fake snoring. I shook him some more. He slammed his hand on the bed.

"Lay down." He whined. I kissed my teeth and did as he said.

30 Minutes Later

"You even know what you want?" Shawn asked  as we drove to the tattoo shop.

"Don't worry bout allat." I said still looking through my notes app under "Tattoo Ideas".

"Ché." He said laughing. "You something else."

We pulled up to the store and I was nervous. This wasn't my first tattoo but it had been a while since I got one.

I looked down and noticed Shawn had his bracelet on.

"Let's get matching tattoos."

"Matching tattoos is the dumbest shit I ever seen! I'd never ever EVER get one." Shawn said, mocking me.

He was right though. I was very against matching tattoos because things can change so quickly.

"Shawn... For real."

"I'm only quoting you shawty. Those are your words."

"Okay but we already had our rough patch. I feel like we never gonna fall out again. And if we do we bouncing right back."

"Ché."

"Look at your wrist." I pointed out. "When was the last time you took that off except for a game?"

He sighed, knowing he'd given in. "Are you sure you wanna do it?"

"Yes! Let's go." I said hopping out the car.

Shawn

I greeted my tattoo artist, Stick, and introduced him to Ché.

"I wanna get this, Shawny." She said passing me her phone.

"Das gonna look tuff

"Das gonna look tuff." I said while nodding my head. "Where you want it?"

"We can get it on our feet so nobody would see yours." She said.

"Tryna say bout my feet?" I asked.

"They ugly and nobody wanna see them." She teased, making us laugh.

2 Hours Later

"Come put ya foot next to mine." She giddily demanded.

I followed her instructions and she snapped a couple of pictures and took a few videos.

"Who you know got matching foot tattoos with their bestie?" She asked the phone.

I laughed at her. I was glad she seemed to be feeling better.

"Ight bro, how much I owe you?" I asked Rat.

"Shawty paid while you was gettin yours done so you good." He said.

"Man, this girl gonna make me mad." I laughed. "Ight bruh, imma catch you."

I dapped him up then waited out front for Ché, who went to the bathroom.

"Bye Stick, and thank you. You did an amazing job."

"No problem, shawty. It look good on you." He said licking his lips.

She started walking towards me then quickly turned on her heels and went back to Stick. She whispered something to him then he smirked at her. They pulled out their phones and appeared to exchange numbers.

She walked back to me with the biggest smile on her face after waving to him. I held the door open for her then followed her to the car.

"Damn slow down." I said as she jumped into the car before I could even make it there.

I got in and started it up.

"What y'all as talkin bout?"

"I need some herb." She said shrugging. "We gotta come back in the morning for it."

I nodded trying to contain my relief.

"I got practice in the morning I'll get it for you on the way home." I said pulling off.

•••
Y'all go fw my new story "Mirror" 😁