Chapter 1 - Cyber Encounter

Note: There are short sections in this book that has the label Cyber Abyss Guide. It is a section narrating about additional information about the world of Cyber Abyss. Feel free to read or skip it.

1.1.1 ---------------------------------------------

"Once upon a time, there was a boy and a girl who promise to love each other, get married and have a happy life. After 100 years, they were both dead. The end."

"What kind of story is that?!"

"Yosuke-san! How did they die?!"

"That's not the problem, Ren-kun! And Yosuke-san, you need to add more detail!"

"And their coffins were 12 inches apart..."

"It doesn't matter!"

"Heh! You kids don't really understand what a great story is!" Yosuke replied after finishing his story to the two kids.

It was a calm afternoon when Yosuke Masuda was walking on a road, overlooking a river that shone through the golden sunlight. Even though he only lied down on a bench all afternoon, he still looked like someone who had lost all of his energy.

 Even though he only lied down on a bench all afternoon, he still looked like someone who had lost all of his energy

He was still wearing his black collared blazer, partnered with black pants uniform when he yawned out of boredom.

After leaving the park where the two kids were listening to his storytelling earlier, he remembered something important.

He needed to find a part time job soon.

But finding a job would ruin his manga reading career. It was because of his loyal support on the 26th century anime industry.

He then scratched his head, ruining his black hair while thinking of what would he do next. He only had little money saved from his scholarship and that scholarship would be over as this was the last week of his school year.

Instead of finding work, he decided to go to his favorite anime store.

---------------------------------------------

As he entered the door of the store, a small screen resembling a digital message box popped out floating in front of him. It was a message quite similar to a dialog box suddenly appearing on a computer software.