Chapter 1 Part 4

1.1.4---------------------------------------------

As sunlight started to shine upon the skies of new Tokyo, Yosuke was already jogging his way to his destination. The Training Grounds located at the edge of new Tokyo's walls.

It was still cold. A weak wind could leave someone shivering in coldness.

Nevertheless, streets were still empty. The kingdom's business hours were just like the norm in the 21st century. Almost all stores and business centers opened and began their operation at exactly 8:00 am in the morning.

It was still barely 6:00 am. A lot of people, especially street vendors, were just preparing their stores to open up.

That was why Yosuke was enjoying his smooth running workout, exploring the morning view of the city.

Almost every streets the boy had passed had skyscrapers. Every street intersection had traffic lights and nearly every road was accompanied by sidewalks.

But even if the city was quite empty, there were a lot of cameras installed on random parts in almost all streets. Some were just placed next to things like traffic lights and street signs. Some were intentionally hidden in places no one could possibly find.

---------------------------------------------

Upon arriving at the site, the first thing Yosuke saw was a large, white facility full of seemed to be several empty rooms.

The facility had almost no furniture inside, except for the bench and table on the counter.

Yosuke Masuda immediately stepped his way in front of the counter and talked to the lady managing the facility.

"Welcome to new Tokyo's training grounds. May I see your Profile Panel, sir?"

Yosuke swiped his hands and opened his screen menu and showed his personal profile panel where most of the user's information could be seen.

Upon seeing Yosuke's data, the lady personnel inputted the information she received on the screen menu that resembled a 21st century PC. In just a second, she already saw additional information about the boy inquiring to her.

"Oh, so you're a member of the Trinity Guild? Then you're admission fee here will be free of charge. Care to use our service now?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

Yosuke actually didn't expect this. There were a lot of benefits surrounding a Trinity Guild member and one of it was the usage of the training grounds for free.

He then entered an empty room with its floor, ceiling and wall all in absolute white.

"Huh?"

It was Yosuke's first time in that facility. He couldn't help but feel like he was on a different dimension just by standing inside that room. The only thing that he could see was the glass window and its entrance door.

He then heard a voice from a hidden speaker.

"Masuda-san, I'll tell now you how our system works. All inside that room will be teleported to a different location near new Tokyo. A place where different beasts roam the land. Our system will also calculate which place is appropriate to you base on your stats and abilities. You don't have to worry about your safety as our system will also automatically teleport you here in case you have reach low HP. Also, any drops from wild beasts will be yours free of charge. Do you want to start now?"

"Yes ma'am!"

The engine started and the whole room turned into an empty space surrounded by several different colored lights. Strange sounds that was similar to echoing vibration of cars filled Yosuke's ears.