Chapter 9 - Cyber Field

1.9.1---------------------------------------------

It was a hot sweaty day in new Tokyo when Yosuke Masuda, after being released in jail, was walking under the harsh blazing sunlight.

He was grinning from all the twists that happened earlier that day. Haley Ambrosia's desire to find out his secret, his usual robbery, a giant turtle monster named Tortely-chan, and now, being arrested again mistakenly. All he could do was smile as his energy ran out dry from all of the misfortunes that happened in that day.

What the hell is Krysta doing? She didn't even tell those officers that I'm innocent! Yosuke muttered while he was rubbing his hands on his shoulder wrapped with white cloth.

As the janitor boy roamed the streets of new Tokyo, he noticed the destruction the kingdom had received from the Summoned Beasts Incident. Although the SF department had already repelled all the beasts that were suddenly summoned that day, still, they were unable to save the damages carried out by the incident.

But these circumstances weren't enough to dishearten the residents of this kingdom. Yosuke saw a lot of people helping out each other and working jointly to fix their loss and casualties. He also noticed several SF officers and members of different guilds assisting citizens all over the place.

But it was also the time part-timers like Yosuke Masuda were in demand. Yosuke realized that this was his best chance to get several part-time jobs as a lot of people needed assistance in rebuilding their estate. The only thing that kept him from helping the folks was his job at the Ambrosia Flower Field. Yosuke needed to go back to the mansion as soon as he could as for sure, Haley Ambrosia would make him taste the sufferings of being a man again.

Then, a small digital message notification popped out floating in front of him.

"Huh?"

Even though the message notification was sent by his superior, Lancelot Lancaster, Yosuke didn't notice the sender as he immediately pointed his finger in the digital notification without even glancing at the message at all.

Yosuke was about to open the Message Panel when he heard a greeting from a familiar voice.

"Good morning, Yosuke-san!"

Noticing the kids who greeted him, Yosuke responded to them promptly.

"Oh, it's you kids again..."

The two kids, who was about the same age of Aki Ambrosia, bumped into the janitor boy. They were still wearing their school uniform when Yosuke noticed them. One was a boy who was full of white bandages and was carrying a bow in his back. The other one was a girl who had a gentle red hair, which was being accompanied by a large floating book just in her side.

It was an Enchanted Book.

Even though the large book was opened in the little girl's side, it seemed like the red-haired girl was reading the floating book just before greeting their janitor friend.

-----+ Cyber Abyss Guide +-----

Although it was unusual, but enchanted books, also known as magical books, were rarely seen in new Tokyo. These enchanted books were treated as weapon equipment and were typically used by Spellcasters in combat. Not only that these kinds of books were utilized to cast spell and magic abilities, but these enchanted books also raised certain stats, usually in the category of elemental defenses and spell abilities, depending on the book itself. These spell and magic abilities sometimes required specific enchanted books to use them to their fullest potential.