Chapter 10 - Cyber Skies

1.10.1---------------------------------------------

Four members of SPEAR were flying across the skies of new Tokyo, with Lancelot Lancaster leading the way.

They were soaring the skies, standing at the center on each of their own golden spears like somebody who was surfing on a surfboard. But even if Lancelot was riding in his own spear, he was also carrying a spare spear in his arms.

Then, another small screen containing green lines of sound waves popped out in each of them. Floating in their front, the Radio Panel appeared in their side as form of their wireless communication to their information specialist.

"This is Sakura reporting. According to SSS, Allen-sama is approximately heading north east of new Tokyo, riding a Corvidae, a B Class crow-like champion beast that can produce large tornados by swinging its massive wings. Killing this beast first may increase our chance of capturing Allen-sama."

"Roger that!" The whole SPEAR answered.

"Ummm, Lancelot-san..." Another digital radio screen appeared in front of Lancelot Lancaster.

"What is it, Yosuke-kun?"

"Did many girls said that you were so cool surfing like this?"

"Well, many said so."

"Don't tell me you believed them!"

"Yosuke-kun, what was that supposed to mean?!"

"You guys be serious about this! We're in a mission!" Another angry radio screen appeared in front of Yosuke and his blonde superior.

"But Cornelia-chan, it was Yosuke-kun's..."

"Just shut up, Lance-kun!"

-----+ Cyber Abyss Guide +-----

Spear Surfing was simply surfing in Lancelot's Lancaster's floating Golden Spears similar to surfing in a surfboard. Any person didn't need to master balancing as these floating spears were moving automatically whatever the direction the Spear Surfer wanted. Upon stepping on these spears, there was a magnetic force that was preventing the spear surfer to fall.

This was Haley Ambrosia's Auto-Balancing Censor Technology. A technology that was embedded in Lancelot Lancaster's Golden Spear to take his ability to the next level, making his floating spears appeared more like a flying vehicle.

It was one of Haley Ambrosia's infamous Modified Abilities.

-----+ End +-----

This was Yosuke Masuda's first mission as a member of SPEAR. This was also his first time to surf in the skies. Although he was frightened at first, he found out that spear surfing was essentially relaxing.

Cool breeze of air was blasting his body as if he was riding a motorcycle. It was the first time in his stinking life that Yosuke could look at the clouds so close to him and felt like he could easily grab them just by using his bare hands.

SPEAR then soared through the skies of Haley Ambrosia's flower field, overlooking the blue and white topped mountains from the sky. And from that same sky, Yosuke Masuda noticed that the flower field was like an ocean filled with flowers, waving at them as a wind blew up the entire place.

Due to their speed, the whole party managed to leave the flower field instantly, ascending over across the tallest skyscrapers of new Tokyo. From there on, Yosuke saw his usual everyday city, full of his typical vehicles and buildings with its citizens walking across the streets.